Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Unhappy Songs you really can't listen to

This is similar to the Comic Boy Guy-inspired "Worst Song Ever" thread. There must be some songs out there, for whatever reason, you have a hard time listening to. They might not be the "worst," but in my case, the songs are fine, it's the emotional connection to them that makes them hard to keep on the radio. I do know how to eliminate the emotional ties; I took a junior college psychology class. You just listen to them over
    and over

and over

and over

and over again, until the link has faded. But I'm not there yet, I guess.

My mini list:

"Fast Car," Tracy Chapman
    I don't dislike the tune, but it's so dang depressing. I cannot drive if I can't turn this one off.

"Cherish," Kool & the Gang
    It's an old one, probably from '84 or so. I just have too many memories associated with this one that I haven't yet come to grips with. Besides it's a relaxing one and I DON'T NEED TO RELAX! YOU CAN'T MAKE ME! I... I DON'T... Uh. Sorry. Kidding... ... seriously, it's just tough.

"Jumper," Third Eye Blind
    "Adam's Song," Blink 182
    The theme of these two is the reason why.

"You've Got a Friend," James Taylor
    Here's a REAL old school one. I don't know why, but for some reason this song is connected to an English class assignment from high school. It always makes me sad (maybe I got an F on it or something). Another calm, slow song.

Anything by Tool, but especially "Schism"
    Ugh. Sorry, they just bug me. Too dull, too repetitive. A Perfect Circle is their clone, IMO, too, so their work gets jumbled in with them.

Any others?
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Re: Songs you really can't listen to

Well I can't listen to anything from Celine Dion, her voice just penetrates me and makes me want to cringe and vomit.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    A Perfect Circle is their clone, IMO, too, so their work gets jumbled in with them.
    The lead singer for Tool is also the lead singer and lyric writer for APC which is why they sound so similar. Also their composer, guitarist and secondary singer was a sound tech for Tool on tour.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

There are many a song Ican not listen too.

ANy COuntry music song.

Cotton Eyed Joe

Anyhthing by Celine Dion, Barbara Striesand, Bette Midler, Rod Stewart, J-Lo, anda few others that escape me right now.

That P. Diddy song that Jimmy Page gave him the rights to. As a matter of fact, anything by P. Diddy.

I will add to the list later.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

My answer - 90% of what's on the radio.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

One song that really annoyed me was that Kid Rock song that was basically a rip off of Lynard Skynard. The man takes up the Southern Rock banner then proceeds to copy (very, very closely) the most popular Southern rock band out there. Rather than come up with something original he borrows/copies almost directly from LS. I could almost hear him thinking to himself "I need a Southern rock ballad like LS's Freebird but to insure that it'll be successful I'll do what they did." Everything from the arrangement, sound, instruments and vocals made it sound like a LS B-Side.

It's one thing to claim inspiration from a band, it's another to ride their coattails.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy
    My answer - 90% of what's on the radio.
    85% depending on the station
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

pink floyd and radiohead - bands an ex-girlfriend liked...
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Metallica - No Leaf Clover. Good band, I like them, but before S&M came out I heard this song as a single all the time and I have always hated it. I still can't play it on the CD - it's just wretched. Disappointing from such a great band.
    I thought I Disappear was bad but it's genius compared to this song.

Maroon 5 - This Life. It's the current song they have out there and I hear it often at work. I've hated it since the first time I heard it. Terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    Maroon 5 - This Life. It's the current song they have out there and I hear it often at work. I've hated it since the first time I heard it. Terrible.
    Ugh...I almost forgot about that turd
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.