Hybrid View

Ray Charles has passed away

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,122380,00.html

Most of my Ray Charles memories come from his appearances on Sesame Street which instilled the belief in me as a child that blind people are normal. I don't know why that is my memory of Ray Charles....

Anyway, given his situation this man did a lot..... a lot more than I'll do with sight, that's for sure.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Re: Ray Charles has passed away

Ah, man this totally sucks. I've always loved Ray Charles. May he RIP.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Rest in peace, Genius. On the short list of the greatest musicians of all time, there's no question you're near the top.

Brother Ray's music will live forever. There has never been anyone like him, and there never will be again. The world is an emptier place as of today.

Tommy, close your eyes.

This one totally caught me by surprise, he seemed SO full of life and vibrant even at his advanced age. I dunno how long I expected him to go on, but it sure wasn't this soon. His incredible talent will be sorely missed, but at least he left us with a big library to enjoy.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

i don't really know ray charles' music but i always find it sad when talented musicians of any musical genre pass away - whatever music they made it brought pleasure to many, many people which is a real gift. i hope ray rests in peace.

and one thing is for sure - heaven has one hell of a house band!
    come one, come all/chalk your eyes/blood for gall/this isnít the same world/your children are offerings/bow down/give thanks for their scant sufferings/chalk your eyes/the bigger the god so small the man/just this wooden horse remains

is this what you fought for?/green order/green order

It's very sad and I respectfully offer my wish that Ray Charles is now experiencing the fullness of sight.

Wow. I've been basically hiding from the TV and the news for the past few days... I didn't hear this 'til now. Really a huge loss. Two of my favorite musicians gone in one year, first Johnny Cash and now Ray Charles. This is the kind of thing that makes you feel old, having the people you consider to be great become strictly a part of the past.

Ray Charles was an artist and a person that made you happy when he smiled, but he made you feel awe when he sang and played piano. Few people truly deserve to be called "genius" and he was one of them.