Hybrid View

Just Found (USA) Section

I would like to split the Just Found (USA) section up into states and would like your input on it. The advantage, a much cleaner section. The disadvantages, you tell me...
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

I suggest splitting it up into time zones. If somebody finds something in your time zone you're more likely to go to the same good. If somebody finds something in a different time zone your chances of going to the same store are slim.

I also think the time zones would be better than the states because you wouldn't wan't to search through all 50 states for something. Also there are some states that wouldn't get any use or hardly any. Iowa, for example, there are only a few people here from Iowa.

See what I'm trying to say?

Are you saying it would become 50 different subsections? That seems a little excessive. Besides state lines rarely dictate how people shop, as I'm constantly travelling between Texas and New Mexico when it comes to searching for new figures.

Leave the specific area Just Found sections to the Collector's Clubs.

50 subsections, most of which won't be used due to the fact that I haven't seen an overabundance of forumites from Vermont discussing their "just founds." (Nothing against Vermont, just an example)

I'm afraid that if you break it up into many subsections, most will go unused due to the fact that there aren't a lot of people in each specific state that post on the Just Found board. With the exception of a few states, most people here are so scattered across the country (and world for that matter) that having a specific board dedicated to, let's say Alaska, would go unused.

Time zones is a good idea, or maybe regions. (Northwest, southwest, midwest, south, east, etc.)

50 individual boards seems very excessive.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

I think that if you MUST break it up, then time zones are the way to go (except if you live in Arizona, where they don't use Daylight Savings Time). By state wouldn't work for folks who live in California or Texas because those states are so large - they'd need at least 2 sections each. Honestly, I guess time zones are the way to go there since they're a preset border that most people understand clearly.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well, so far I like the idea of regions...
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Originally posted by JediTricks
    I think that if you MUST break it up, then time zones are the way to go (except if you live in Arizona, where they don't use Daylight Savings Time). By state wouldn't work for folks who live in California or Texas because those states are so large - they'd need at least 2 sections each. Honestly, I guess time zones are the way to go there since they're a preset border that most people understand clearly.
    Finally somebody agrees with one of my suggestions. I, don't know what to say. I think I may cry.