Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Army Building Guilt

Ok...I feel I need to come clean. I wanted to recreate the scene of the Imperial Shuttle coming into the Death with all of the troops awaiting the disembark of the VIP on the shuttle.

Except I never had enough (HOF or Commtech or Fan Club) Stormtroopers...until now. I bought 45 of them online and I now feel guilty about it since I denied someone else the opportunity to buy them.

Any comments or am I just a bastage!
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

Re: Army Building Guilt

I think buying that quantity online is fine. Don't sweat it. But the "bastages" are the singular guys who feel completely fine wiping out a retail brick and mortar store of their army builders in the morning before real people have a chance to shop at lunch or after work.

Stillakid's right. Online sources are tailor made for army-builders such as yourself. I'd go further and say not to worry too much about relieving your local Wal-Mart or Target of its trooper-type figures, either; if you don't buy 'em, some other collector will, someone who is probably doing the same thing as you are. Now if you're a scalper, buying up army-builders to make a quick buck on EBay, then may your soul fester in Hades.

Personally, if I find 4 Stormtroopers on the pegs at WM, I'll probably buy at least two, maybe three, but leave one for kids. Then again, I only bought 3 of the dozen or more SA Clones I happened upon at TRU a few months back; and I don't really regret leaving all those others. I'm not a big diorama builder, I just like small displays of individual loose figures against the backdrop of my small MOC collection.

The sad thing is that we have to worry about this at all. if someone in retail, or more likely, the person who decides on case assortments, were doing their job, there would be plenty of figures for all.

I remember back in the days of POTF2, when I bought three of every figure, I often would only buy one set at a time, leaving the others for someone else knowing that I'd have no problem getting the rest on my next visit. You could do this with vehicles back then as well; see that they were out, and come back on another date to buy them. Try doing that now. If you don't buy something the moment you see it, you can pretty much forget ever seeing it again.

Of course, during the vintage line, all the figures were available aplenty all of the time.

B'Omarr,

That the exact feeling I just could not put a finger on in my case.

On top of this some of the other "collectors" I know share figures they run across but I have one "friend" who I have essentially picked up also every figure since Summer 2002 for him since I have a better since of timing on getting SW stuff.

I can personally say that at the high point have contacted him 10 to 1 when I found stuff that I did not think he had.

In fact I got him J'Quille and still don't have one for me.

The reason I bring this up is because he asked me for like 3 or 4 of the stormtroopers (and he would reimburse me) but I am not sure I have them to sell once my dioramas are complete.

Do I seem bitter?

No you are just bastage! BTW what is a bastage?
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Val Da Car
    The reason I bring this up is because he asked me for like 3 or 4 of the stormtroopers (and he would reimburse me) but I am not sure I have them to sell once my dioramas are complete.

Do I seem bitter?
    I used to get figures for someone before he quit. I pretty bought everything and he paid me back. The way we saw it if one of us picked it up then it was ours and the other got the left overs. If you want all the stormtroopers then keep 'em. I'm sure he can find one of those army builder packs on ebay or something. It's nice to get hings for people but it's another to let them abuse you. Helping people shouldn't make you bitter.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Agreed. Are you sure he even looks anymore with you out there doing it for him? I knew someone who kept picking stuff up for a friend of his who lived a couple states away, then the friend would go out and pick some of the stuff up anyway, and call and say, "don't bother sending that one, I've got one" or "I actually decided I don't want that one," etc. My friend kept getting stuck with all these extra Bib Fortunas, etc. and stopped trying to return them since he felt like he was always bringing stuff back to the store while the customer service person looked at him like "why did you buy all of these in the first place."

He ended up stooping picking stuff up for his friend, who couldn't believe that he would do this to him.

I don't know what your situation is, but this guy was so incompletely ungrateful.

It's tough with picking up the extra figures. I used to try doing it to trade with, but I kept ending up with stuff that one week would be scarce, then the next week would be abundant. I don't do it so much anymore, since it means spending money of figures I'm not sure I can get rid of instead of spending the money on stuff I could use.

With that in mind, I still have an extra Tanus Speejak if anyone's looking. Pm me if you're interested. My trade list is pretty small since I'm mostly caught up. I'd also be happy with cost + shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars
    No you are just bastage! BTW what is a bastage?

dictionary.com define bastage as __________

ME!!!

;-)

ok...now that I am going to have 69 ( I am serious) any suggestions on which diorama I should do first?