Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MR Stormtrooper Blaster production run lowered.

A few Authorized Dealers on the net have received information from MR that they will be lowering the production run on the Stormie Blasters from 5000 to 2500 and raise the price from $449 to $499. While I'm sure this may cause a bit of panic among collectors, and especially collectors who thought of holding off on ordering right away hoping to get these cheaper down the road, it's welcome news to me. IMO, the lower the production run, the better even with the higher price.
    Last edited by mini-rock; 06-10-2004 at 02:54 AM.

Re: MR Stormtrooper Blaster production run lowered.

Yea, I am locked in at a lower price from everyone's favorite reseller. I am still ordering from MR the day of tho to make sure I get one.

Yeah I'm getting one from him as well, and I've decided to get another from Kaneda which will be a gift for my brother. I think even with the lower production run that these still won't sell out fast. All the panic right now will only last for a short time, and come ordering day collectors will realize it was all for nothing.

Now if MR decided to lower the run to say...1000 then there would be a better reason for all the ruckuss, and with out a doubt a better reason to think it would be a quick seller IMO.
    Last edited by mini-rock; 06-10-2004 at 01:49 PM.

What kind of prices were you quoted from each of them?? PM me.

Sent ya a PM Pedro.

It also looks like the Stormie will be a December release.

Yea, in the end, I will still get the occaisional item from MR to keep me up to date as a CSM. If they have exclusives I am there. However, with the 'discounts' that jdpilot has, I am a customer for life. So, its going to be a tough choice with the release of the stormie blaster. I know its going to a hot one so I have to order from both to guarantee mine.

Figure I'd chime in and say that I have one reserved from JD as well.

Although, I'm not as much of a blaster fan as I am sabers, the E-11 is a classic Star Wars prop so I have to get it.

Even though, they lowered the production run, 2500 is still plenty. 500 would have been a different story.

Oh, and hello all! This is my first post.
    [URL=http://homepage.mac.com/jedilip/PhotoAlbum9.html]My Collection[/URL]

JL! Good to see you hear man.

I agree, 2500 is plenty, but agree with may that the 501st will have a big impact. The good news for CSM's is that we get to order 24hrs in advance which gives us the advantage.

I got mine reserved with everyone's favourite reseller too

But i'll be there on the CS order day waiting in line, to reserve one from MR just in case and who know's if I can get the over time at work I might just by two

What do you guys think...will this be a fast sell-out? A week? A month?

I'm not sure. It's a very popular blaster, but the price is quite high for most collectors. People may look at the popularity of the Han blaster (MR's most valuable prop on ebay recently) and jump at the chance assuming it'll double in price in no time.
    [URL=http://homepage.mac.com/jedilip/PhotoAlbum9.html]My Collection[/URL]