Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Pee-Wee's Playhouse coming to DVD!!

It is official. All 45 episodes of Pee-Wee's Playhouse will be released on DVD this Fall w/commentary by Paul Reubens. This is going to be awesome, and I'm sure the packaging is going to be amazing.

I'm getting clobbered with all the box sets coming out this year. I ahven't even caught up on the ones that have already come out, but this I will buy immediately.

Re: Pee-Wee's Playhouse coming to DVD!!

In all my excitement, I forget to mention that that includes 6 "lost episodes" as well as bonus material provided by Paul Reubens. I hope that this includes lots of stills of the sets and props.

I also hope they include the Christmas Special.

You just said, "special"- its' the word of the day!!!

(enter bells, whistles and various screaming)

This DVD set is going to be sweet. I used to watch that show every freakin' day when i was a young lad.

I also hope that one day they release that "Pee Wee's House" or whatever it was. It's that comedy act with Paul, Phil Hartman and other various actors that was performed in front of a live audience in LA. It's from like 94 i think.

Anyway, sweet deal!!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I think that might have actually been called "Pee-Wee's Playhouse" as well. It shows up periodically on HBO and Comedy Central. I taped it a few years ago, but have no idea where my copy is, since all of my VHS is still in boxes from my move.

I digress.

I'm thinking, that might actually be one of the bonuses included with the set.

I have the VHS box sets, and was just watching some the other day. I'm glad they'll be putting out the rest including the one that has that weird French Elvis singing on a tiny boat in some really bad theme park, while he drifts by a bunch of go-go girls twisting on the banks. I haven't seen that episode since it last aired, and it haunts me with his "Yippeee, Yaii, Yaii, Yaii, Yippeee-yay-ay-ay!" that he keeps singing. It's one of those strange "found" films that would occassionally be thrown into the mix via "magic glasses" or something. You'll know it when you see it.

This is sweet. I've been tempted for a while to get the VHS copies & transfering them to DVD. But patience has paid off.

My son just loves Pee Wee's Big Adventure & I need to get these as well

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

This show was awesome, I used to watch it (in repeats, of course). That Christmas special was hilarious.

I wonder if he'll talk about all the double entendres (sp)? There were quite a lot.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

My favorite of the double entendres is in the "Fire in the Playhouse" episode. When Fireman Frank is going over fire safety tips, Miss Yvonne comments to him "I have a smoke detector. It's in my bedroom, above my bed." When this episode was repeated, I went to point this line out to someone who was over and this time when Miss Yvonne opened her mouth she said "I have a smoke detector. It's in my kitchen above my stove. " with the bold faced words in a completely different voice from Miss Yvonne's. I guess someone at CBS was paying attention.

Miss Yvonne generally got to deliver the best ones, or was involved in them. Though the shared wink between Cowboy Curtis and Jambi, when Cowboy Curtis informs Pee-Wee "Well, you know what they say. Big boots....big feet." is another good one.

Hopefully we'll get a cool special edition of Pee Wee's Big Adventure to go along with this!

That'd be cool, but the current DVD is about as loaded as a "budget" disc can be. Audio commentary by Danny Elfman! Cool.

Though I certainly wouldn't scoff at a new version. And I don't believe Big Top Pee Wee is out on DVD. It should be released with a music-only track, since the score is way out of print.

Danny Elfman and Tim Burton rule!
    Tommy, close your eyes.