Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Duran Duran is reuniting to record a new album

I agree. The band really died when Michael Hutchence died. No offense to the rest of the band, but Michael Hutchence is what we really knew about INXS. That would be like trying to find a replacement for Michael Stipe in R.E.M. or Bono in U2 or Mick Jagger in the Stones. You just CAN'T!!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

i did see last night that apparently duran duran have enough material written to make an album. they are going to work with two producers (whose names escape me now - i knew i should have written them down!) one of whom works with linkin park (!?) the other is a producer of soul acts.
    come one, come all/chalk your eyes/blood for gall/this isnít the same world/your children are offerings/bow down/give thanks for their scant sufferings/chalk your eyes/the bigger the god so small the man/just this wooden horse remains

is this what you fought for?/green order/green order

Duran Duran sign deal with Epic Records
    Founding lineup's first new studio album in 19 years due out in October 2004 on Epic Records.

Band works with hit making R&B and alternative rock producers

New York, NY-- The original members of Duran Duranč Simon LeBon (vocals), Andy Taylor (guitar), John Taylor (bass), Roger Taylor (drums) and Nick Rhodes (keyboards) have announced the impending release of their first new album together since 1983's multi-platinum 'Seven & the Ragged Tiger.' Epic Records will release the as-yet-untitled record worldwide in October 2004.

Writing in the south of France and recording at Sphere Studios in London, the band members are currently working with producers Rich Harrison (Mary J. Blige, Alicia Keys, Beyonce, Usher) and Don Gilmore (Good Charlotte, Linkin Park, Pearl Jam, Sugar Ray), thereby drawing on a unique combination of R&B and alternative rock experience.

The poignant "What Happens Tomorrow" and the electric/rock "Sunrise" (a version of which was featured on the "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" soundtrack), both of which the band members have played live since reuniting in 2003, are slated for inclusion on the new album. Other song highlights include the moody, noirish "Still Breathing" and the mischievous "Bedroom Toys." Stylistically adventurous, the album showcases the diverse influences and abilities of each band member, blending brash rock guitar with slick synths and LeBon's inimitable lyrics and melodies.

The album will also feature a one hour bonus DVD including live footage shot over two nights at London's Wembley Arena this past spring and exclusive behind-the-scenes video.

The announcement comes on the heels of a remarkable run of seventeen sold out arena dates in the UK and Ireland and a victory at the BRIT Awards where the band members were honored for their "Outstanding Contribution to Music." They've also received Lifetime Achievement Awards at the MTV Video Music Awards in New York and the Q Magazine Awards in London in the past year.

Writing and recording material between these triumphant tour dates and accolades, the band poured their rediscovered chemistry and creative energy into the new album. "When we decided to reunite, the first thing we did was head to France to test our chemistry. It became really clear that the magic was still there," explains LeBon. "Since then, playing together live has cemented it. We've really rediscovered an incredible musical relationship."

In 2003, Duran Duran celebrated their 25th anniversary and the reunion of the five founding band members with a run of tremendously successful sold-out shows. They played to screaming fans in the U.S. and Japan and filled vast stadiums in Australia and New Zealand. The tour dates marked the first time the original members had played together since Live Aid in 1985.

The New York Post called one show, "powerful and inventive," while the Village Voice declared, "[Duran Duran] swooned us to altitudesecclesiastic."

Man, these 80 bands trying to update themselves is sad, I mean we have Morrisey, Duran Duran, Beasty Boys and whos next? WHAM? This is a sign that their investments fell through and need some cash. I call it the Mike Tyson Syndrome.
    Last edited by Turbowars; 07-01-2004 at 11:33 PM.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars
    Man, these 80 bands trying to update themselves is sad, I mean we have Morrisey, Duran Duran, Beasty Boys and whos next? WHAM? This is a sign that their investments fell through and need some cash. I call it the Mike Tyson Syndrome.
    morrisey? morrisey sounds just like he always did when he was in the smiths. not much updating on his new material.

i think we can live without the wham reunion though.
    come one, come all/chalk your eyes/blood for gall/this isnít the same world/your children are offerings/bow down/give thanks for their scant sufferings/chalk your eyes/the bigger the god so small the man/just this wooden horse remains

is this what you fought for?/green order/green order

LOL

The thing is... Duran Duran was still an active band with an evolving sound. It was the addition of the "missing" members that made it a reunion. You can't really hang that tag on them, Turbowars. "Pop Trash" (2000) was probably one of their best and most underrated albums to date. It was very edgy and rocked.

So... here's there new video...

Re: So... here's there new video...

Not bad at all.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Re: So... here's there new video...

No... I was surprised at how "vintage" it sounded but also how largely relevantly "now" it was!

I like alot of Duran Durans' music, old and new, but that song/video was just lame. I hope, for their sake, that they're releasing the worst possible single off their new albumn with the intent that any ones that follow it keep getting better with each new release! The chorus was OK, but overall, it was just lame, very bland, with a little cheese mixed into! All I could think of when watching that was the music teacher from Beavis & Butthead, " OK class, now let's hold out our hands and reach for a new sunrise, come on Beavis and Butthead, you too, just reach as high as you can and let the sunshine fill you with it's warm and positive energy"

Duran Durans' best new song off any of their newest releases has got to be 'Too Much Information' off of their Self Titled '93 release. That's scary that, that was 11 years ago!
    [FONT=ComicSansMS]"What happens in Indy STAYS in Indy!".[/FONT]
    [FONT=ComicSansMS]"The only thing you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you".[/FONT]