Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Duran Duran is reuniting to record a new album

Not only are the 80's hip but it seems that an icon of 1980's music will be getting back together to record new material.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Musi....ap/index.html

First all my favorite 80's TV shows are coming out on DVD and now new songs from 80's bands? I should enjoy this as I kick back and watch Dukes of Hazzard, Battlestar Galactica, GI Joe, Transformers, Robotech, Goonies, Top Gun, Indiana Jones, etc.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Re: Duran Duran is reuniting to record a new album

Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand.

Duran Duran is a cool band. I liked the stuff they released in the 90's too. Hopefuklly they can put out a good album.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

actually the original members of duran duran reunited last year. they have done two very successful tours of europe and the uk, were given a brit award for 'services' to music (?) last february and finished touring the uk in april. not my cup of tea but by all accounts they were on fine form and have been writing new material for some time.
    come one, come all/chalk your eyes/blood for gall/this isnít the same world/your children are offerings/bow down/give thanks for their scant sufferings/chalk your eyes/the bigger the god so small the man/just this wooden horse remains

is this what you fought for?/green order/green order

As the article said, yes they've all been together on tour for a while now but this will be the first time since 1983 that the orginal members will have recorded any new material.

I saw their show back in March and they said they had recorded about 20 tracks last year. The most recent thing I read was that they were looking to work with the guy who produced Beyonce's "Crazy In Love" song. I guess they didn't settle on which tracks to use for an album. They probably couldn't get a label interested.

In related news, the producer of Survivor has teamed with INXS to star in a reality show to find the replacement for the late Michael Hutchens.

As sad as it sounds, I am not making that up.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I hope their new album/CD is better than the last one. It was kind of bland. But I do love their 80's stuff still.
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    In related news, the producer of Survivor has teamed with INXS to star in a reality show to find the replacement for the late Michael Hutchens.

I wish you were. Reality TV continues to find new lows.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Zoltar
    I hope their new album/CD is better than the last one. It was kind of bland. But I do love their 80's stuff still.

I loved "Pop Trash"!!!! "Last Day on Earth" and "Playing with Uranium" are total undiscovered gems!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter

i am amazed that inxs have sunk so low. i feel this really craps on the memory of michael hutchence.
    come one, come all/chalk your eyes/blood for gall/this isnít the same world/your children are offerings/bow down/give thanks for their scant sufferings/chalk your eyes/the bigger the god so small the man/just this wooden horse remains

is this what you fought for?/green order/green order