Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: Velvet Revolver's Contraband: GnFnR is back with a vengeance!

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    What's up with that guy, is he still hooked on H ? I saw a recent pic of them and he looked . . . unhealthy.
    Scott is clean...for now (and hopefully for good this time).
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    Slither is not very good IMO.
    I like it, but it wasn't the best single to release, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by arctangent
    i sit in front of a computer all day, and its what i mainly play my music on, so i am not interested in buying anything that won't work on it.
    As far as I know, nobody has had a problem playing it on their computer. The only problems I know of happen when you try to copy it.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy
    As far as I know, nobody has had a problem playing it on their computer. The only problems I know of happen when you try to copy it.

perhaps i will reconsider then. i have a couple of ozzy cd's that just will not play on my mac because of the protection on them.
    come one, come all/chalk your eyes/blood for gall/this isnít the same world/your children are offerings/bow down/give thanks for their scant sufferings/chalk your eyes/the bigger the god so small the man/just this wooden horse remains

is this what you fought for?/green order/green order

I grew up on STP, was just listening to them this morning. As far as this Velvet Revolver thing goes, I seemed to have missed this. I hardly ever watch TV or listen to the radio, so I didnt hear much about this. But from what I've heard, I'm gonna have to pick this one up in the very near future.
    Go ahead and reply, I probably wont read this for another week or so, much less even care what you've got to say to begin with. So I'd advise you to not waste your time, but if you want to, then go ahead :rolleyes:

Great people to trade with:
    ANEEL, Sith_Killer_99, and DEFINITELY Val Da Car!

I picked up the Hollywood Rose CD the other day. If you are a GNR fan i say pick it up, its a cool thing to have.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

I got the VR album and it rocks!! I love it! I was a fan of G'N'R and STP. I went to see the Snakepit back in 95 so i hope VR tour the UK soon!!
    [font=Arial Black]Never underestimate an Ewok! Sticks and stones break Stormtrooper's bones![/font]
    [font=Arial]"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you."[/font]
    [font=Arial]"Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follow's him"- Obi-wan Kenobi[/font]
    [font=Arial]Great Seller:- Mr JabbaJohnL[/font]

Velvet Revolver's overseas tour dates:

8/08: Skanderborg, Denmark
    8/10: Helsinki, Finland
    8/12: Stockholm, Sweden
    8/13: Oslo, Norway
    8/13-15: Hohenfelden, Germany
    8/16: Berlin, Germany
    8/17: Hamburg, Germany
    8/19: Hasselt-Kiewit, Belgium
    8/20-21: Biddinghuizen, Netherlands
    8/22: Cologne, Germany
    8/24: Wiesen, Austria
    8/25: Munich, Germany
    8/28: Konstanz, Germany
    9/05: Bologna, Italy
    9/07: Paris, France
    9/09: Barcelona, Spain
    9/10: Madrid, Spain
    9/11-12: Vitoria-Gasteiz, Spain

Hopefully one of theses spots aren't too far (even those not in the UK) and you can make the trip to see them.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy
    Hopefully one of theses spots aren't too far (even those not in the UK) and you can make the trip to see them.
    I would have to say a road trip to Spain isn't even too far to go to see VR. It'd be worht it!
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Thanks for that Rocketboy!! I'm tempted by a trip to Paris to see them. I dont know if you guys know or are interested but aside from the VR website's Slash has his own. It's www.slashonline.com. it has some very cool stuff including live downloads!!
    [font=Arial Black]Never underestimate an Ewok! Sticks and stones break Stormtrooper's bones![/font]
    [font=Arial]"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you."[/font]
    [font=Arial]"Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follow's him"- Obi-wan Kenobi[/font]
    [font=Arial]Great Seller:- Mr JabbaJohnL[/font]

Well I missed out again on getting tiockets to see them. They are playing a club here in Jersey and it sold out in 1 min. It has the fastest sell out time for this club, they set a new record.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Re: Velvet Revolver's Contraband:

Hard to believe it's been about 3 months since they hit the scene. I finally picked up the CD (I seldom buy non-Star Wars CDs right when they come out), and as someone once said, "eh." It was okay, not great. When Weiland (sp?) starts mumbling the lyrics, it's hard to get into it.

p.s. They won't have to worry about me trying to copy it.
    "That's what Sheev said."