Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    They dropped something like 25-35 double-disc live albums in a single day.

I had all of Pearl Jam's albums up until that point, but that was a bit much.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

No, I meant what's the b*tch about the pink R2 unit? It benefits someone besides themselves?
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Ah, gotcha. I read it backwards.

I just threw that out as an example of repaints gone wild, though something like Mace's Battalion would probably be a better example.

(BTW, read what Hasbro said about R2-KT very carefully. The Hasbro reps didn't say the proceeds from the sale of that droid would benefit any charity. They've already given a flat donation, and the figure is designed to "inspire goodwill." Pretty sneaky, trying to guilt-trip folks into buying it who might not otherwise.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    (BTW, read what Hasbro said about R2-KT very carefully. The Hasbro reps didn't say the proceeds from the sale of that droid would benefit any charity. They've already given a flat donation, and the figure is designed to "inspire goodwill." Pretty sneaky, trying to guilt-trip folks into buying it who might not otherwise.)
    You're correct, because I had every intention of buying one up until now. Sneaky, sneaky.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSolo1138 View Post
    Has a tour been announced yet? I know they played a benefit in L.A. the other night, but is that the start of a proper tour or a one-time show?
    Just confirmed a day or two ago, but no dates have been announced yet.

Chux - I hadn't heard anything recently about live albums. I've only checked the VR headlines every now and then so I may have missed it.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    They dropped something like 25-35 double-disc live albums in a single day.

I had all of Pearl Jam's albums up until that point, but that was a bit much.
    I agree with that. I thought that was freaking retarded. I couldnt believe they did that with that many live shows and all the same songs none the less.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I scoured the internet until I found a site that actually reviewed all of them. I found two with track listings that sounded cool and had decent reviews, and grabbed them. I probably, in retrospect, should've only gotten one. The worst thing was, since there were so many, I don't know of any store that actually got all of them.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Tower Records had them all.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I have/had the Detroit PJ show because I was there.
    I listened to it once. It was just as bad on cd as it was live.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Our local "new rock" station is playing a single from the upcoming 2nd Velvet Revolver album - but I'll be damned if I can remember what it's called. It's SO STP sounding that.... well, I guess Scott Weiland has a very powerful will. Let's put it that way.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008