The NIN Album I've Waited Years For!

Once I got through my angry disaffected youth phase, right about the time Downward Spiral dropped, I found my favorite NIN songs were the quiet, moody little instrumental ditties like "La Mer" that were sprinkled here and there throughout the discs like little intereludes where the hammer would give the anvil a break.

Well, now I have a double album of instrumental music, which I was able to download in full for only $5! I have only gotten through part I, so far, but so far, so good, and you cannot beat the price. If I love it, I might pick up the vinyl version as well when it gets to stores.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

I read the subject and thought maybe he'd finally done that duet with Marie Osmond.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I read the subject and thought maybe he'd finally done that duet with Marie Osmond.
    This album is available in formats that allow supposedly easy remixing on your computer, so your dream mashup is only as far away as your imagination.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

I still like Pretty Hate Machine - but it's quite a bit "lighter" than the stuff he's released since.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Sometimes I wish he would just go and make a straight forward pop record- a lot less Joy Division and lot more New Order. Most albums have only one or two songs that really groove, but he can do it. "Into the Void" is a straight funk record that would make Parliament proud.

NIN is a perfect example for me of why buying cd's is horrible to me. Unlike Floyd or Queensryche or old Metallica, where every song on the disc is great, there is only one good song on any of Trent's offerings (and sometimes not even one song). i'm happy to purchase the one song i like and dispense with the rest of the filler garbage. i gave up buying full NIN releases after Broken and Pretty Hate Machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Jax View Post
    Floyd
    If you love Ummagumma and Atom Heart Mother, then you'll love this album, because my only actual complaint so far is that through some sections it sounds a great deal like simple Floydian psychedelic noodling, of which I am not a big fan. Other bits sound like Thomas Newman scoring a Resident Evil game.

Funny you say that, I believe Trent Reznor was largely responsible for the DOOM soundtracks!!!
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Jax View Post
    there is only one good song on any of Trent's offerings (and sometimes not even one song)
    how on earth can you say that? i know everyone has opinions but to me trent has never written a bad song. every piece of music he makes is a masterpiece in one way or another. its your loss if its too complex for you to take the time to get into it, which seems to be a common complaint with fans who think pretty hate machine is the best of nin's work.

in the industrial/heavy metal genre he is almost unique in the way he makes his music. ghosts is a superb release. hats off to trent for selling it cheaply via his website... double album with artwork plus the download works out to £12.50 including postage, which you can't buy a new double album for here in the uk!

nin are also one of the best live bands i have ever seen. it will be interesting to see how trent treats ghosts as i believe he is planning some live shows around the music.
    come one, come all/chalk your eyes/blood for gall/this isnít the same world/your children are offerings/bow down/give thanks for their scant sufferings/chalk your eyes/the bigger the god so small the man/just this wooden horse remains

is this what you fought for?/green order/green order