Arrow Johnny Lightning Star Trek Minis

Hello there, long time lurker, first time poster.

I ran across these pictures today, and I figured y'all would be interested.

http://www.1stopdiecast.com/johnnyli...g/StarTrek.htm

There are 6 items in the first assortment; USS Enterprise 1701, Enterprise NX-01, Romulan Bird of Prey, USS Reliant, Galileo and Klingon D-7. The pics are of the prototypes, not the finished product (for example, the roll bar on the Reliant was stuck on backwards, and will be fixed in the final product).

My only real complaint so far is that I wish they were a little closer in scale to the old Micro Machine line, but these look like they'll give the Furuta miniatures a run for their money.

Re: Johnny Lightning Star Trek Minis

Thanks for the link and the pics. It looks good ! I hope JL will make more than two series to have something more interesting for the real collectors. It was the real force of the Galoob boys, they made an incredibly large range of spaceships which was something amazing for us. Anyway, $30 for the full set is a good pricepoint.

I would love to get all this kind of stuff for StarWars too...
    - "I've never understood Walt Disney".
    Howard Philip Lovecraft.

Size-wise, these should display great next to the Galoob/Hoover die-casts.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Cool how do y'all find out about these things anyway?

so are these gonna be jpn-xclusive a la furutas? maybe i should get tokyo joe to chase me down an nx-01?

Sorry guys, I thought that these were old news........I ordered mine weeks ago.

You can also get them from Forbidden Planet Home Shopping UK - thats where mine are on order (catalogue page attached as link).

http://freespace.virgin.net/james.hobson/trekfphs.jpg

Cheers

BC3

We've had other posts about these, but this is the first thread specifically about them IIRC. I love the scale, I wish Hasbro would do SW Die Casts in this scale too. These are about the same size as the Racing Champs pewter Enterprise-A which is a pretty nice piece. I hope these catch on with the general public so more licenses get this treatment, and I can't wait to get my paws on these!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.