Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Just Got the VOTC

WOW! Thanks to Alliance Collectibles, I just got the Han and Kenobi VOTC figures today. All I can say is that they are amazing . The detail on the figures and packaging are wonderful.

The photographs are very clear and crisp. The figures are something to be seen in hand. Both have wonderful likeness to the actors.

What is really nice is that the protective shell is very thin and compact. It is very strong and very nice.

I don't see how Hasbro can stop at the initial 12 figures. These are the ultimate figures.

Re: Just Got the VOTC

Oh man! I know we're all jealous, but I for one am very releaved to hear that these are living up to the hype. Can't wait to get mine!
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I posted a review of the VOTC Han in the Reviews section, so feel free to add your own review over there.

I'm totally amazed at the quality of the sculpting on Han Solo, he is the perfect Star Wars action figure!

I'm chomping at the bit to see what the VOTC Chewie and Boba Fett will look like.

I can't imagine how amazing the Fett will be. I would also love to see Luke x-wing pilot, Luke Stormtrooper and an Emporer.

I was a little surprised to see that Han's vest is sculpted on him. It looks like its really a seperate item.

Hasbro is stupid if they dont take 4 figures from each of the PT movies and make a continuing series to tie everything together.

Quote Originally Posted by tnswman
    I can't imagine how amazing the Fett will be. I would also love to see Luke x-wing pilot, Luke Stormtrooper and an Emporer.

I was a little surprised to see that Han's vest is sculpted on him. It looks like its really a seperate item.

Hasbro is stupid if they dont take 4 figures from each of the PT movies and make a continuing series to tie everything together.
    While I am intrigued at the idea of seeing Prequel figures on vintage style packaging, I'm not sure if would want them. Who would you pick as the four from each film?

I would love to see a Han Stormtrooper, Sandtrooper and Grand Moff Tarkin on these "12-back" style cards, since they were never made in the vintage line.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada
    While I am intrigued at the idea of seeing Prequel figures on vintage style packaging, I'm not sure if would want them. Who would you pick as the four from each film?
    Easy:

The Phantom Menace:
    Darth Maul: Sith Lord
    Obi-Wan Kenobi: Jedi Padawan
    Padme Amidala: Celebration Gown
    Qui-Gon Jinn: Jedi Master

Attack of the Clones:
    Anakin Skywalker: Jedi Padawan
    Count Dooku: Sith Lord
    Jar Jar Binks: Senatorial Robes (Apartment Version)
    Mace Windu: Jedi Master

Episode III:
    Chewbacca: Wookie Warrior
    Darth Vader: Rebirth
    Emperor Palpatine: Rise of The Empire
    General Grievous: Droid Commander

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Thats a very hard decision. this could be fun

TPM
    - Qui-gon
    - Padme
    - Anakin
    - Darth Maul

AOTC
    - Clone Trooper
    - Dooku
    - Yoda
    - Jango Fett

ROTS
    - Anakin or Vader
    - Kenobi
    - Palpatine
    - Grevious

Of course this leaves out Mace, Chewbacca, Jedi, Kaminos, etc...

However I do think that this VOTC style of sculpting will continue. The new Jedi Luke is pretty close to this style as is Dengar.

I'd like to see at least one new original figure in the pack. A senator could be added for each of the 3 prequels; a generic Naboo soldier/citizen for TPM. Something along those lines.

Getting back to the original thread topic, I am jealous you already have some of the new figs. It will still be awhile before they're in my area.