Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    VOTC Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi

    Well, I got him today, after winning the EBay auction last week.

    This figure is astounding. And I cannot bring myself to take him out of the package.

    The likeness to Sir Alec is amazing. The head is an entirely new sculpt. It is very similar to the POTJ Ben, which I have close to hand for reference; but the head on the VOTC Ben is narrower. The paint app is perfect on mine; no sloppiness about the hair at all, and he is not cross-eyed.

    Interestingly, the hands actually look like an old man's hands: bony, and a little withered. And though I cannot see the tips of his fingers, he does have thumbnails.

    Having been unable to convince myself to rip the bubble off the cardback (or even slit the tape holding the clamshell together), I can't say for sure how the cloak looks when it is free from its plastic prison; but it looks to be of similar material as that worn by the Saga Starfighter Pilot Obi-Wan.

    The lightsaber looks like one of the better Hasbro issues. I am not an expert on them, though, so I can't tell where I saw it before. Maybe with an Episode I figure.

    Now I need to get one of these to open, and see how he fits into the Landspeeder. Finally, a Ben that can ride in it as he did in the movie -- with his cloak on!

    Now I just have explain to the wife why this is worth the 20 bucks I spent on it!...

  2. #2

    Re: VOTC Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi

    Sounds great. I can't wait to get my case in.
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.

  3. #3

    Re: VOTC Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi

    Quote Originally Posted by Twodot Tatooine

    Now I just have explain to the wife why this is worth the 20 bucks I spent on it!...

    Man, I want my case of these now. I cant wait until I get it in two months. GRRRRRRR.


    Just tell the Mrs. SW is worth every penny and it makes you remember the fun times you had as a child.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

  4. #4

    Thumbs up Re: VOTC Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi

    Quote Originally Posted by Twodot Tatooine
    Having been unable to convince myself to rip the bubble off the cardback (or even slit the tape holding the clamshell together)
    Me neither. I got mine yesterday from Alliance Collectibles along with Leia & Han. Not like I'll use these to send my kids to college, but I can't justify opening these for the price I paid. With shipping mine came to $14.65 each so I'm not kicking myself that hard . The way it's been so dry in the DC/Baltimore area, I needed to buy these online. I'm hoping that the $10 pricetag will keep the common scalper away from these so I can put a second set on WM Layaway!

  5. #5

    Re: VOTC Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi

    Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    Just tell the Mrs. SW is worth every penny and it makes you remember the fun times you had as a child.
    Thanks, KH, but I've nearly worn out that excuse during our 5 years of marriage.

    mm74md, do your Hasbro clamshells have a black warning sticker in the upper front corner? I saw some images of VOTC figs on EBay yesterday, and they all had the sticker. My Ben's doesn't, and I'm wondering if it is just a packaging error.

  6. #6

    Re: VOTC Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi

    Quote Originally Posted by Twodot Tatooine
    do your Hasbro clamshells have a black warning sticker in the upper front corner? I saw some images of VOTC figs on EBay yesterday, and they all had the sticker. My Ben's doesn't, and I'm wondering if it is just a packaging error.
    The only two that have the Warning sticker are Han and Leia because the blasters are small enough to be choking hazards. The sticker is one of those reverse stick deals and is actually inside the clamshell, which I thought was pretty cool.

    I actually wasn't planning on ordering these by the case because of the strange figure breakdown but I couldn't resist and did it anyways, I swear I have no self control. To my surprise 2 days later they arrived. I've got to thank Dave over at dnstoys.com too. I was pretty shocked that they had these in stock already and I highly recommend using them. Great prices and customer service.

    I haven't opened any of them yet but I will tomorrow. They're just so purty in the package I don't know if I can bring myself to destroy the package, but I'll do it anyways.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

    Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

  7. #7

    Re: VOTC Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellboy
    The only two that have the Warning sticker are Han and Leia because the blasters are small enough to be choking hazards. The sticker is one of those reverse stick deals and is actually inside the clamshell, which I thought was pretty cool.

    I actually wasn't planning on ordering these by the case because of the strange figure breakdown but I couldn't resist and did it anyways, I swear I have no self control. To my surprise 2 days later they arrived. I've got to thank Dave over at dnstoys.com too. I was pretty shocked that they had these in stock already and I highly recommend using them. Great prices and customer service.

    I haven't opened any of them yet but I will tomorrow. They're just so purty in the package I don't know if I can bring myself to destroy the package, but I'll do it anyways.
    Thanks for clearing that up about the stickers, Hellboy. And hey, be sure to give us a good review of Leia, Han, and Ben after you open them tomorrow!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO