Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Rattling in Vader FX Saber?

Wierd. Perhaps mine are the ones that are broken.

Zach, best of luck no matter what. IMO, every SW collector should have 1 of these.

m-r (remember when I would just call mini-rock "MR"? Dang Master Replicas for making it complicated ), how well do the motion sensors on yours work? I have heard varying results and mine is a little dicey, perhaps the ones where you can't hear the sensors work better or something.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah, but we all know who the real "MR" is...right?

I had gotten a bunch when FAO had their huge sale and none had any kind of rattling. The sensors seem to work fine also, not over or under sensitive. It'll be interesting to see (hear) how the new releases compare though.

Well I called Master Replicas, they got my battery pack and endcap from my lightsaber, and are sending my new one out next week.

This is pretty interesting how they work this. When I called Master Replicas to confirm that they had received my battery pack, I asked them (just to make sure) if the new saber they were sending me was going to be a refurbished one, if I had to pay for it, or if I had to send my old one back. This is what they said: "We will be sending you a completely new saber, as for the old one, do whatever you want with it because it is worthless without its battery pack(*because I had to mail it to them*)." This makes me wonder. Did we all pay $120.00 for a battery back and $10.00 for a lightsaber with a white tube?

Anyway so now I am going to have two lightsabers and one battery pack between the two of them. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me!

**On the same note. I know there have been some negative experiences with Master Replicas' Customer Service. I'm not here to debate the quality of their service, but what I do want to say is that so far my experience has been excellent. They have been kind, helpful, and EXTREMELY quick to respond. I really like that.

As for everyone who has responded to my forum, I really appreciate it. I'll keep you guys updated when I get my new saber... now I just need to save some cash for the Mace, Luke, and Luke (ROTJ) sabers

I think that the rotj luke fx and the hilt itself are either out of stock or out of production I THINK NOW im not sure, dying to get my luke esb and mace fx saber thou.

They have the Luke (ROTJ) at Wal-mart.com. I am saving up for that bad boy to hold me over until the Mace and Luke (ANH/ESB) come out!

There ya go MR... er, M-R. Sounds like your batch is working better than mine and some of the others here, perhaps our troubles are as simple as that little ticking rattle sound in the sensor being a slight miscalibration or some such issue.

Zach, cool beans on getting a brand new one. I suspect these things cost the company about $25-$40 each, but that's their bulk cost and comes before they make profit or their retail partners buy it at discount or share profit. So once they factor in the cost of paying for it to ship back to them, determine the damage and store the broken unit, and then pay to have it refurbished, they could end up seeing a loss there no matter what - thus, it's probably cheaper to simply have you prove that you can't resell it and keep the expensive-to-deal-with parts. I think the bulk of the technology is in the saber and tube, the battery pack even with the speaker inside seems relatively cheap to produce.

It looks like I'll be getting the ESB Luke FX saber for my birthday next month, so that'll be awesome.

I love the Luke ROTJ saber prop, it's my favorite saber in the films, but I passed up the FX version because it was EL instead of LEDs. I don't regret this (*much ) and would DEFINITELY buy an LED version if they produced it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I know what you mean about the Luke ROTJ saber. I MAY just hold off (and save my money) until this new batch of sabers come out. I knew from the start that I wanted the Mace saber but everytime I visit the Master Replicas site the Luke ESB saber keeps whispering "buy me" in my ear, then in the background I can hear my bank account slowly sobbing. These FX sabers are like a drug. I can't seem to get enough!

I personally would buy the fx esb luke version it looks preety much the same as the anh/esb hilt just with more added features eg the blade the sounds and the light of course. Hell even the review on www.rebelscum.com says that the new luke esb fx is just as good if not better than the vader fx. thank god that they have the new luke fx with the leds this time so we can see an activation cycle on par with the vader fx. The mace windu saber also has the new improved treatment i think with a proper start up and power down sequence on par with the vader fx.

I just put in my order last week for the windu and the new luke fx sabers so im still waiting on my shipping number and all that stuff. im on flight 4 so itll be around september b4 i even get the sabers plus i live in ireland so it cud be even longer LOL once i get em i dont care ive paid alot of money just to get em. bought the vader fx and thw obiwan weathered and was REALLY pleased with those so lets hope MR does the new fx sabers justice.

JUST BUY EM MAN TAKE A RISK LOL
    work overtime if you have too they look like a good buy in my opinion hell since i put my order in ive been working non stop in my partime job to get the money together to help heal my damaged realtionship with the credit card LOL

Sorry I have been absent for so long! So much has been going on with the end of the summer semester and all!

Anyway... update time.

I got my new (free) Vader saber from Master Replicas and it is GREAT! There are no problems and it is in excellent condition I am so impressed with Master Replicas!

Now I can't stop buying their stuff! I am in the process of getting all of the Mini-sabers and I still need to order the Mace and Luke FX.

"DID YOU HEAR THAT BANK ACCOUNT??? START CRYING !"