View Poll Results: Should Hasbro continue to include pack-in figures with vehicles?

Voters
414. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I don't want pack-in figures

67 16.18%
  • Sometimes, but less of 'em

49 11.84%
  • Yes, I like these pack-in figures

298 71.98%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Should Hasbro continue to include pack-in figures with vehicles?

In the last few years, a lot of the vehicles have had pack-in figures, but in the upcoming OTC line, the TIE Fighter comes with no figure at all even though its previous incarnation in the Saga line (as a KB exclusive) had a pack-in TIE Pilot figure -- the upside to this is that the OTC TIE Fighter is $10 cheaper than its Saga counterpart.

Another side to the issue is that more often than not the pack-in figures have been poorly received, such as the case with the recent TRU-excuslive Saga Red Leader X-wing; on the other hand, the Clone Wars Geonosian Fighter had a pack-in pilot figure that was generally well-received. There's also the issue of exclusivity, collectors who don't buy the vehicles won't be able to get figures such as the Geonosian pilot -- not to mention that this exclusivity also increases the chances of theft.

So the question is, should Hasbro continue to include pack-in figures with their vehicles? Do pack-in figures add enough value to mitigate the higher prices? Do these figures fill a need for characters and droids that might not be produced as single-carded versions?

Re: Should Hasbro continue to include pack-in figures with vehicles?

Only if it's a new vehicle and a new figure. And bad kit-bash figures don't count.

Repaint TIE Fighter with TIE Pilot Variation #2,865? Bad.

Repaint A-Wing with new A-Wing Pilot? Pretty good.

Twin-Pod Cloud Car with Cloud Car Pilot? Good.

Z-95 Headhunter with Mara Jade (Pilot Gear)? Very good.

The Geonosian Fighter with Pilot was a bad idea, as all reference material indicates the pilots are permanently hardwired into the fighters. Hasbro was able to do this on the Power FX X-Wing and the Cruisemissile Trooper, so why not on the one occasion it would be correct?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I vote no.

I would like the effort expended on pack-ins to be devoted to carded figures.
    43 muscles to frown, 17 muscles to smile, but not one single muscle to sit here with a dumb look on my face. Now we're talking efficiency.

No, if it wasn't for pack-in figures we might have a carded Red Leader that was respectable like Dutch Vander.

I voted no, but it really doesnt matter as I dont buy many vehicles anyway. If it is an all new version of a figure, then why not. But the last few figures have had terrible reviews, so thats why I voted no.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Duh! Of course! If Hasbro's going to have jacked up prices on the vehicles we may as well get an extra for it, even if it isn't as good as carded stuff.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Well I vote to can the pack-in figures.

If it will cut the cost of the vehicles...absolutly!

I have given up on Hasbro doing a good pack-in figure, so I would prefer to go with the cheaper option. Also, that helps out the "one of every figure" loose collector, I mean who wants to shell out $30.00 for a vehicle they already have just to get a lame figure?
    May the force be with you.

I think it depends on what the vehicle and figure are. If it's a new vehicle and packing a figure with it makes sense (like a matching pilot), than fine. But if it's a 4th, or is it now 5th, version of an X-wing, why bother. The thing that should really be avoided is packing a new figure with an old vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by sbarkema
    r. The thing that should really be avoided is packing a new figure with an old vehicle.
    I think that is the only way hasbro thinks it can sell some of its vehicles.. If we got another X-wing or whatever every year would you just buy it for the ship? But by putting a new fgure in with it its an enitre new vehicle so more people, not just the completists, will buy it.
    hurray for birthdays!

http://www.myspace.com/MattGush

Admitedly, if Hasbro put out the same X-Wing, with decals for the wings so that you could make them "Red 1 - Red whatever" I would pick several up, but in this case, I would also prefer if the pilots and droids came seperately, or as mail 2-packs.