Advertising run amok - there's an ad on my fortune cookie!!!

I recently had some chinese food from down the street and when I got home, I popped open the fortune cookie. After reading my crappy fortune, I noticed that the lottery numbers were on the front as well. I wondered why they moved the numbers to the other side, so I flipped it over and found an ad selling a screenplay pitching company, as well as a URL for the company that sold them the ad. I found this terribly funny and absurd, but apparently this is some national company that is doing this in a bunch of cities across the company.

What next, stamping advertisements on fruit? Oh wait, we already have that. Advertising has truly run amok - the average American sees approximately 117 ads a day now - and it strikes me that the more ridiculous they get with this advertising, the more I treat it like gum on my shoe: I don't care what brand it is, I just want it away.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Re: Advertising run amok - there's an ad on my fortune cookie!!!

I recently had some chinese food from down the street and when I got home, I popped open the fortune cookie. After reading my crappy fortune, I noticed that the lottery numbers were on the front as well. I wondered why they moved the numbers to the other side, so I flipped it over and found an ad selling a screenplay pitching company, as well as a URL for the company that sold them the ad. I found this terribly funny and absurd, but apparently this is some national company that is doing this in a bunch of cities across the company.
    Hahahahaha...

I love those LA stories JT....pushing screenplays in fortune cookies!!!
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    so I flipped it over and found an ad selling a screenplay pitching company, as well as a URL for the company that sold them the ad.
    Whoa... brilliant! (Hey, PM me with that companies URL if you have it.) S***w promo-cards, I want fortune cookies that I can mail out.

Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That is absurd. Funny, but absurd.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten