Reading Spoilers

I am curious to know why people read spoilers. Is it because you really know how it turns out? Does it not reduce your enjoyment of seeing the movie the first time, knowing every detail in advance? Let's hear it!
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Re: Reading Spoilers

Maybe you should have posted this in the spoiler thread. They wont look in here.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

From reading Episode II spoilers, I think it was because I was just too impatient to see the movie to find out what happens.

PENDO!
    Last edited by Pendo; 07-02-2004 at 09:17 AM.
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    Maybe you should have posted this in the spoiler thread. They wont look in here.
    I couldn't do that, the titles of the spoilers could be spoilers!
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Well, one thing's for sure: if you don't want spoilers, read nothing from Lucasfilm.

I know what the first scene of the movie is, just from the very first sentence of a recent newsletter, and it rather ticks me off.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Well, one thing's for sure: if you don't want spoilers, read nothing from Lucasfilm.

I know what the first scene of the movie is, just from the very first sentence of a recent newsletter, and it rather ticks me off.

I saw the first three words from that letter and it pist me off. I delete everything from him from now until I see the trailer.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I read spoilers so I know how the film changes and so I know everything about Star Wars. A lot of changes happend with EP. II and after the movie came out most people really didn't talk about them. Instead they became kind of forgotten for good trivia.

Well, for EP. II I was just impatient. And, yes reading them does lessen your enjoyment.
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.

I'm right there with you about that last newsletter Chux! It was also hinted at / revealed in the BTH pics.

I've been spoiler free, except as noted above, for E3 because I want it to remain a mystery for me. But I read all the spoilers for AOTC and wasn't disappointed. While you can say it took away from the experience, it just made me want to see it all the more.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

I avoid spoilers because i dont want to go into the movie waiting for this or that to happen. I (all of us actually) know where the story is going, we just dont know the specifics of how it gets there. I refuse to look in the spoiler section. Once i see the movie then i will go look in the spoiler section only to see how it stacked up to what was rumored.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

I've spoiled myself for the first 2 prequels not by reading posts but by reading the novellizations of the movies that, in both cases, have preceeded the movie's release by a couple of weeks. I even spoiler-spoiled myself for QGJ's death by looking at a damned colouring book before I even started the novel!

I've enjoyed movies like LOTR, Matrix 2 and 3 and Spider-Man 2 so much more unspoiled, that I'm doing my best to go into epIII the same way. It's just do dang hard - I want to know every little detail about everything already and it's still more than 300 days off.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008