Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast
    And what was Watson's Final Jeopardy wager, when he/it/she/they had the game won (by over $10,000 in fact)? $947. Yep; just what I expected.

Really?
    "That's what Sheev said."

I liked Ken saying "I for one welcome our new computer overlords" in his Final Jeopardy answer.

What I didn't like was the drama queen effect of making sure the audience knew that Ken knew the answers, just that he couldn't ring in before Watson. Yeah, we got the point Ken.

So, where and how is Watson gonna blow his $1 million prize (the person I was watching the show with asked me if Watson met the elligibility requirements for winnings)? I'm guessing the Apple store, just to mess with IBM.

Is that an upcoming category for the College Tournament? Yikes.

I only saw the Double Jeopardy and Final Jeopardy portions of the final day. I also liked Ken's comment about welcoming our new computer overlords.

At least the humans had a chance, as Watson did miss some questions. I could also see by the graphic that came up on the screen that it would have had the wrong answer on some that it didn't get in on first.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    So, where and how is Watson gonna blow his $1 million prize (the person I was watching the show with asked me if Watson met the elligibility requirements for winnings)? I'm guessing the Apple store, just to mess with IBM.
    He got a gig on Conan's show, I don't think its working out as well as Watson/IBM hoped.
    http://teamcoco.com/content/andy-fin...ter-or-does-he

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    I only saw the Double Jeopardy and Final Jeopardy portions of the final day. I also liked Ken's comment about welcoming our new computer overlords.

At least the humans had a chance, as Watson did miss some questions. I could also see by the graphic that came up on the screen that it would have had the wrong answer on some that it didn't get in on first.
    Alex mentioned in the first "regular" Jeopardy Monday show that Watson had to reach a certain percent (70%, IIRC) of assurance in order to answer at all, so those low ones would've likely gone un-buzzed in.

"The humans had a chance." That's both funny, and overlordly frightening.

They showed the possible answers, per Watson's calculations, on the bottom of the screen. Folks are leaving out how insanely random the possible answers were. For instance, one answer was in a category called "Beatles Characters," something about "his silver hammer swung down upon her head." Watson's answer was "Maxwell's Silver Hammer," which is technically wrong, since it was asking for the character's name, not the song title. But his second choice answer was "Frank Sinatra." Huh?

It also missed an insanely easy Harry Potter question that I would think geeks would've programmed into it. The question was basically just asking what HP character's name shouldn't be spoken.

I was impressed by the ability of Watson to decipher the English language. But this is light years away from the artificial intelligence it's being claimed to be.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I was really hoping there'd be questions about Gary Kasparov [sp?], Terminator, HAL 2000, War Games, or The Computer Wore Sneakers.