Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
    Did it say anything about how Watson knew when to ring in? As humans, we can see the clue and anticipate the end of the sentence. I was wondering how Watson knew when to ring in.

They didn't say anything about how he knew to ring in, but they did say the answers were sent to him in text format at the same time they were being read to the contestants. (Which is another unfair advantage--a supercomputer can "read" a short text file in a much shorter time than it takes Alex Trebek to read the same file.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Hilarious reply in last night's show: in a category called something like "Body Part in the Name," where questions would be "What is ARMistice?" or "What is LEGacy?" the guy got the Daily Double and was shown a small mouse-like creature. I had no idea (I was thinking Kangaroo Rat, but didn't see how a body part was there) that it was a CHINchilla, but he was struggling for an answer and said "What is a t**mouse?" then immediately turned to the female contestant and apologized.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Hilarious reply in last night's show: in a category called something like "Body Part in the Name," where questions would be "What is ARMistice?" or "What is LEGacy?" the guy got the Daily Double and was shown a small mouse-like creature. I had no idea (I was thinking Kangaroo Rat, but didn't see how a body part was there) that it was a CHINchilla, but he was struggling for an answer and said "What is a t**mouse?" then immediately turned to the female contestant and apologized.
    If he had realized that a titmouse is a bird, he could have saved himself the embarrassment.

how about That Jeopardy Guy Arthur Chu ???
    I really like his approach which has ruffled some feathers...cherry picking the Daily Doubles, darting around the board between categories to prevent people from getting in a rhythm, clicking obnoxiously at his buzzer and then glaring at others when they ring in before him, etc. He routinely heads into Final Jeopardy with the game already clinched, blowing away his competitors.
    8 days (and counting) for a total of $220+K as of today's episode. I hope he keeps winning!

Quote Originally Posted by 2-1B View Post
    how about That Jeopardy Guy Arthur Chu ???
    I really like his approach which has ruffled some feathers...cherry picking the Daily Doubles, darting around the board between categories to prevent people from getting in a rhythm, clicking obnoxiously at his buzzer and then glaring at others when they ring in before him, etc. He routinely heads into Final Jeopardy with the game already clinched, blowing away his competitors.
    8 days (and counting) for a total of $220+K as of today's episode. I hope he keeps winning!
    Holy cow look who just came back!?!?!?!?!?

Yeah, that contestant hasn't had all run-away wins lately!

[whisper, whisper]

Oh. Really? Cool!
    (nice to hear from you here on the boards again)
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Chu almost lost it last night, I don't think he's going to have an exceptionally long run.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    (nice to hear from you here on the boards again)
    I saw 2-1B on Saturday and told him of my surprise to his showing up here, he said it was just to post in this one thread.

JT that's true he nearly lost on Friday which I found interesting for 2 reasons. First because that other guy was indeed pushing him for a challenge but didn't wager everything in Final.
    Second because Chu didn't wager enough to beat that guy by a dollar; he would have settled for a tie like he did earlier in his run. I think that would have been a mistake if the other guy tied him because it could have burned Chu in their next match. Regardless there wasn't a tie so on he goes as the sole champ. That other guy must have been kicking himself for not doubling down.
    Battle of the Decades 1990s this week so Chu has a few extra days to study up for his next run.

BC3 nice to see you as well.