Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Re: That Jeopardy Guy, Ken Jennings (merged)

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150
    Ken appeared not to be in his usual relaxed groove last night (7-15).
    I really thought he was going to lose last night.. That big guy almost had him but then he started losing his money..
    hurray for birthdays!

http://www.myspace.com/MattGush

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy
    As great as this guy is, did you know he still isn't the top prize money winner?
    There is a guy who was on the Early Show (I think) this morning that has won over $1.2 million. He was under the old rules and won 5 days straight, then won the tournament of champions, and then some million dollar special show.
    In addition to closing in on that record he is also closing in on the record for a game show which is held by some guy from Who Wants to be a Millionaire or something. I hope he takes both records.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Did Ken win today, Friday the 23rd? How much and what's his grand total I missed today's episode (Jep comes on at 11:00 AM where I live.)
    Where are those new Star Wars toys?

Quote Originally Posted by Ric Olie
    Did Ken win today, Friday the 23rd? How much and what's his grand total I missed today's episode (Jep comes on at 11:00 AM where I live.)
    He beat his record of $52, 000. Today he won a whopping $75,000, culminating his winnings to $1,321,660!
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!

Friday night's (7-23) episode was the last new episode of the season, so Ken can return at the beginning on next season, around Labor Day, if he chooses.

I'm surprised Ken had the gusto to bet as much as he did. He'd been real reluctant to beat the one-day record for so long.

he may be smart, but he didn't know who "the calling" are!

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150
    Friday night's (7-23) episode was the last new episode of the season, so Ken can return at the beginning on next season, around Labor Day, if he chooses.

I'm surprised Ken had the gusto to bet as much as he did. He'd been real reluctant to beat the one-day record for so long.
    6 weeks from tomorrow is Aug 30th, I have my calendar set.

At the next to last question of double jeopardy, he had over $52k, and then got a question wrong and went back down to $51k. At this point, I think he couldn't have avoided going over without actively sabotaging his final jeopardy play which would have been uncool.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I know this sounds counterlogical since Jeopardy's ratings have gone up considerably since Ken's appearances, but I haven't been watching the show as religiously as I have in the past. I probably saw one of Ken's appearances within the last two weeks, and probably turned it off before the episode was over.

I am just surprised at the lack of competitiveness the show has offered Ken so far. Granted he is smart and fast, but I can only barely recall a few shows where he has had some close calls. The paper said the other day, that he had something like eight or nine thousand dollars before someone else rang in with a correct answer.

BTW, has anyone ever tried out to be a Jeopardy! contestant? I have a 50 question test sample included on my Jep PS2 DVD. According to the game, I never get the 35 needed to pass, but I figure with misspellings not counting answers right, I have gotten over that number many times.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner
    but I figure with misspellings
    ANd you want to be a teacher?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

You try spelling Kamal Attatourk without any help (btw, I probably misspelled it)
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.