Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Re: That Jeopardy Guy, Ken Jennings (merged)

OK, you got me. WHo is he BTW.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

He was one of the most effective leaders the world has ever seen, a unifier of Turkey, I believe late 19th century, early 20th century.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

They have Star Wars as a subject on Jeopardy tonight for the double jeopardy round.

Just thought I'd let those know who have not had the show aired in their markets this evening.

EDIT-After seeing the category just a minute ago I have this to say: they were fun clues given by some cool guests, but easy questions...er, answers for us SW geeks.
    Last edited by James Boba Fettfield; 11-08-2004 at 07:19 PM.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Star Wars and the knowledge that Jennings' days are numbered! What more reason do I need to watch?

With Jennings gone and SW as a category, my own chances at multimillion dollar winnings may be enhanced.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Yeah, but do you know how long it will be before we see his final show? During tonight's episode they advertised their two week college tournament beginning Wednesday...ugh! I hate the special tournaments, especially that terribly sad Kids Tournament from a few weeks back.

So we won't be seeing Ken gone until probably after Thanksgiving, so long...

They're milking it, Jennings was expected to be out by the middle of this week, but like you I suspect that's why the college tournament is kicking in on Wed, to draw his last showing out.

Today's ep doesn't air here in LA till tomorrow, I think, because of Monday Night Football on ABC. That ep seems to air on Tuesday, then Wednesday here we get the first day of the Jeopardy College Tournament.

The kids tournaments are always unwatchable to me.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I taped it but haven't watched it yet.

I thought KJ would last until the middle of the month, or at least what the rumors floating around said.

I forgot about it. Can anyone post the questions?
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

This is off the top of my head from what I remember last night. And for those who haven't seen it, don't read this next part.

$400-Read by Mark Hamill. It asked for a character who was played by three different people: one for his voice, one inside the suit, and one to play him unmasked. "Who is Darth Vader?"

These next three I might have out of order with their correct money value.

$800-Read by R2-D2 in his series of bloops and bleeps. I can't remember what the clue was at all, but the answer was, "What is droid?"

$1200-Read by a Stormtrooper. Asked for the two characters who dressed up as stormtroopers on the Death Star to rescue Leia. "Who are Han and Luke?"

$1600-Read by Chewbacca in his wookiee language. The clue asked what species Chewbacca was. "What is a wookiee?"

$2000-Read by Anthony Daniels. I don't remember what the clue was at all, but the answer was, "What is protocol?"

EDIT-I was reading over this again, and I realized I left the money values as the first round of Jeopardy, but they were in the second, or Double Jeopardy round. So I went ahead and fixed them.
    Last edited by James Boba Fettfield; 11-09-2004 at 11:53 AM.

Smart play on Jeopardy's part to draw as much viewership as possible before Ken finally succumbs. On Tuesday's show I was sure that he would be gone, he trailed after the Jeopardy round by something close to $6000 with him in 3rd place. Sure enough he gained his momentum, quickly hit a daily double in the next round, and regained the lead he never relinquished. He, as usual had more than double the money the next player had by the time the game was over. It sucks not watching competitive shows like that one, although Ken wasn't at his best.

He leaves with somewhere around 2.5, which is almost where he is at now, so after they come back from the college round, it's only a matter of a show or two.

Hats off to him.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.