Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Re: That Jeopardy Guy, Ken Jennings (merged)

I had the same thought about Jennings losing, only it was on Wed when I saw it because monday night football pushes the show back a day here. By the middle of the show, Jennings was yawning, and throughout he looked twisted up like he was victim of a bad night's sleep or something, he never smiled or had fun with it and rang in with a few brutal mistakes when his opponents were catching up and even surpassing him.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I really don't call this a spoiler since the news has been spilled everywhere from CNN to here since September, but here's the warning just in case: a general spoiler ahead

Tonight's an important night for those interested in Ken Jennings and his run. I was thinking it was going to be Wednesday's show, but Yahoo News says otherwise.

So if you don't watch it regularly and have an interest in seeing Ken go bye, tune in tonight.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Quote Originally Posted by James Boba Fettfield
    So if you have an interest in seeing Ken go bye, tune in tonight.
    HEHEhehe.......
    hurray for birthdays!

http://www.myspace.com/MattGush

Arrgh, I can't believe I missed it! My sister saw it though and told me about it. I was thinking he'd leave and not actually lose, but I guess I was wrong.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I just finished watching the first round as it is being aired here right now, and Ken is playing at his usual level. I guess he will fall apart in Double Jeopardy. This is gonna be fun.

Continued:

And boy did he mess up those double jeopardy questions. Not like him to mess up twice like that. Good run, Jennings.
    Last edited by James Boba Fettfield; 11-30-2004 at 07:18 PM.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Although I knew the outcome (thank you, electronic media) I taped the show. Haven't watched it yet.

It was bound to happen. Ken came close to losing several times.

That's gotta be alot of strain going 75 straight shows when most people if they win only make it 2 or 3. He defenitely earned his 2.5 Million. For one man to know that much is mind boggling.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    He defenitely earned his 2.5 Million. For one man to know that much is mind boggling.
    He may have earned it, but the government will surely get half of it.

"I'll take 'Getting Screwed by Uncle Sam' for $1 million, Alex."
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

The gov't takes something like HALF of gameshow winnings and prizes! Of course, he's rich enough to hide it now, but as a mormon, he'll probably do the honest thing and pay up.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That REALLY sucks. Are you guys positive that they take half?
    hurray for birthdays!

http://www.myspace.com/MattGush