Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

That Jeopardy Guy!

Is anyone else watching this guy on Jeopardy?

For those that don't know, they changed the rule where you could only be on Jeopardy for 3 consecutive nights to now, you can be on unlimited until you lose. The current champ won his 22nd game today to bring his total up to over $737,000!!!! Awesome.

This guy is truly smart. I haven't been able to watch that many of his shows but those that I have were very impressive. I don't remember him actually missing a question when he does answer.

I'm rooting for him to hit the $1 million mark. There's no reason why he can't do it.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Re: That Jeopardy Guy!

Yeagh, this guy is insane. I caught one show and the had like 27k and the next person only had like 2k. I would be upset if I was going on the show and he was the reigning champ.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Today he had something like $40,000 with the woman next to him with $1,800. It was a pretty safe bet that she wasn't going to be a factor in Final Jeopardy.

I don't know if I would be upset going up against him. Being smarter isn't an unfair advantage in a game of knowledge. (I realize that smarts doesn't equal knowledge but you know what I mean).

I just wish I could get my dad on the show. We stopped playing trivia games a long time ago thanks to him crushing us every time. Heck, we'd throw the whole family against him on one side and he'd still win. Smarts must be a gene that skips a generation or 2.

I haven't seen it, but it sounds like the episode of Cheers when Cliff was on and had $22,000, and the other two had about $3,000 between them. Although this guy hasn't blown it like Cliff. (Who are two people who haven't been in my kitchen?) I hope he makes the Million mark. It is cool that he could do it.
    B.M.D. 2/29-4/22 Remembered, Loved, and Missed -ALWAYS

Me fail english??? That's un-possible

Hello......My name is Boba Fett......You killed my father.......Prepare to Die!! -Boba Fett to Mace Windu in Star Wars
    Episode 3 - Return of the Princess Bride

Still Hatin' the Evil Empire

The rules for length of stay changed last fall. The winner can stay as long as he wants/wishes.

There's been a couple of times I thought ole Ken was gonig to get beat. One guy a week or so ago gave him a real run for his money, but Ken took off in the last two - three minutes of the game.

The guy from Canada on last night's (7-1) show was a real challenger for the first half of the show, but fizzled out.

Winning about $40,000 a show he should hit the $1 million mark in about 6 more shows. At what point does he get bored? When will the game show executives get bored of seeing the same guy up there every day?

Impressive, but I can't help but remember the Press Your Luck scandal back in the 70's or 80's, although I don't see anyway for this guy to be cheating, unless someone was feeding him the answers, which I doubt.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

The Press you Luck scandal was hilarious. Have you ever seen those shows?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

No, but I've heard about them. Where can you see them now?

They occasionally show a special on it on Game Show Network.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!