Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Re: Ken Jennings Breaks the Million dollar point!

He seems like a really nice guy. Glad he made it this far. Perhaps we'll see him hit $2 million?!
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Conrgats Ken, now lose already.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I was listening to the radio this AM and a movie critic (Steve Oldfield) who works for the FOX network was saying that there's a strong rumor that Jennings will go all through the rest of this Jeopardy season and will appear at the beginning of the next one. Regardless, this guy's impressed me by just winning five in a row.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I'm assuming this season of Jeopardy will end sometime in August because the next season will begin in September with all the other shows. That's just a guess though.
    Where are those new Star Wars toys?

Okay, in exactly one month, he breaks the one million mark. Excellent press for Jeopardy!

The questions are the same too-easy questions Jeopardy has been subjected to since the moronic Clue Crew made their debut a couple of years ago and Alex shaved his moustache.

And the people going up against him have been idiots. I mean, the woman last night didn't even seem to know that after getting a correct answer, she got to choose the next answer.

Methinks this is a huge publicity stunt. "Let's put imbeciles against this guy of above average intellect so we can have a $1 million winner and no longer be the game show that doesn't have such big payouts."

I don't consider myself a conspiracy theorist, but I smell a rat.

I'd put this guy right up there with Ryan Seacrest and Paige Davis on the list of people I'd like to pay Michael Clarke Duncan to beat up.
    Last edited by El Chuxter; 07-14-2004 at 05:33 PM.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpauldeeds
    he is so smart its scary...makes me wish i paid more attention in high school.
    You can allways go back to Devry or something..
    hurray for birthdays!

http://www.myspace.com/MattGush

The guy just puts to shame the competition.

After repeated watchings, I notice how interesting it gets in the opening Jeopardy! round, with scores remaining close, but he always seems to pull away in Double Jeopardy. It takes the thrill out of watching it when you know it is a runaway, and so many of his shows have been just that.

He also knows how to use that buzzer, always seeming to jump in a nanosecond ahead of his competition.

They may not do this anymore, but up until last year, they invited back all the 5 time winning champions or big money winners to compete in the Tournament of Champions. There you would see a much more difficult level of questioning, and great competition. But because of the new rule, I wonder if it is scrapped.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandalorian Candidat
    I was listening to the radio this AM and a movie critic (Steve Oldfield) who works for the FOX network was saying that there's a strong rumor that Jennings will go all through the rest of this Jeopardy season and will appear at the beginning of the next one.
    Dunno about that, he had a lot of trouble yesterday in the first round, could have gotten away from him there if the other contestants had been faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Chux
    The questions are the same too-easy questions Jeopardy has been subjected to since the moronic Clue Crew made their debut a couple of years ago and Alex shaved his moustache.
    Yeah, the questions do seem easier (or I'm getting smarter and didn't realize ). And the Clue Crew suck, the slow down the pace and are so vanilla it's sad, they add nothing positive to the show.

I really thing it's not that the other contestants are dumb, it's that they're intimidated by being on TV and then going up against Ken. Plus, he's a wizard with the buzzer most of the time which makes ANYBODY look dumb since generally they're not answering. That poor old lady from the other day who just said answers without hitting the buzzer, she HAD to have passed their preliminary tests and practice rounds and such.

When you watch this guy go, he doesn't hammer the button over and over as fast as he can like the other contestants do, I suspect this is the real key to his success, he recognizes when the buzzers unlock and has the reflexes to make it worth his while.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Re: That Jeopardy Guy, Ken Jennings (merged)

Ken appeared not to be in his usual relaxed groove last night (7-15).

The previous night (7-13) he wagered too much on the Double Jep questions and that almost cost him.

Re: That Jeopardy Guy, Ken Jennings (merged)

As great as this guy is, did you know he still isn't the top prize money winner?
    There is a guy who was on the Early Show (I think) this morning that has won over $1.2 million. He was under the old rules and won 5 days straight, then won the tournament of champions, and then some million dollar special show.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!