Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Re: That Jeopardy Guy, Ken Jennings (merged)

Well, the tournament finally reaches the Jennings round this week. So for those who have missed him, this is it.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

That fat guy with the shaved chest hair bothers me, especially on the one episode where he didnt wear a tie and he had the top of his shirt open...
    hurray for birthdays!

http://www.myspace.com/MattGush

Is it just me, or does Jerome (who's last name escapes me right now) look like a bad Jon Lovitz character? I can't help but think this everytime I see him!
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

What happened last night on Jeopardy, I forgot to watch it.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

I forget who won, but all three were within a thousand dollars of each other. It was a really close game.

Well after two nights of the three night final the standings are

Brad 38k I think....
    Ken 26k
    other dude 10k

So Ken has some work left over if he wants to win.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

When I watched it Monday nite, I thought the questions were MUCH tougher than normal. Judging by the relatively low scores over the first two rounds, I'd have to say it wasn't just me. I really expected this to be a high scoring affair, but I guess I was wrong. I would have preferred a bunch of easy garbage (see SNL's "Celebrity Jeopardy!" ) and have a high scoring shoot-out.

Nothing actually against Ken, but I hope he goes down tonight so people will shut up about him.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

It looks like the tournament hype failed to live up to expectations. It was clear by yesterday's show that Ken had met worthy opponents who weren't pushovers like 2/3 of his competition during regular play. Kudos to Brad Rutter, the 2 million dollar winner. He had the right answers and he seemed faster on the draw than Ken was. Brad didn't have to wager a single dollar during Final Jeopardy because the tournament was already in the bag.

In related news, Comedy Central has signed Ken to do a game show for their network, perhaps similar to the channels most successful game show, "Win Ben Stein's Money." Look for it to air next year.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Just call me Slicker. . . .

Serious reason for dredging this up, though: Has anyone heard about Jennings being a total douchebag on his site? What, $2.5 million isn't enough when your fifteen minutes of fame is up? I read about it on a Yahoo! News story and refuse to actually visit this guy's site.

If ever anyone deserved a pimp-slappin'....
    Tommy, close your eyes.