Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
    Chu says those ties are part of his strategy, but yeah, that other guy was only held back by that gal being good as well, without a strong third, he could have taken him. I wonder if these battle of the decades are ruining Chu's momentum or helping his strategy.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I wonder if these battle of the decades are ruining Chu's momentum or helping his strategy.
    I believe that Jeopardy! purposely put these "tournaments" in between to ruin his streak, and lessen the public's distain for his tactics! I'll take "UN"likely Conspiracy Theories for $800, Alex.
    "That's what Sheev said."

"Yooper" a term for those from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan aka the UP was the answer in the 'unique dialects' question yesterday. Yooper is used for 1) geographical area 2) people from said area and 3) type of dialect. Yooper of course isn't limited to the UP, its similar to the speech in Fargo.

Arthur Chu's run ended in his 12th game; he ended up with a little under $300K won. He looked very frustrated in that last game.

This week's their Battle of the Decades: 2000s. Don't know what day KJ's scheduled.

It was the day after you posted, and he'll be back on again for the final tournament. Can't believe what a funny situation of "what goes around comes around" in this thread, here we are a decade later back talking about Ken Jennings on Jeopardy.

The way he dropped his buzzer at the end of Double Jeopardy, was that exhaustion or showoffmanship?

So it turns out Chu's episodes were shot in a pair of days well before the tournament was shot, and he claims he was beat by a factor of being tired and the show letting his opponent watch his strategy the previous day.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

A new multiple-day champion, Julia, has reached a few milestones in the show's history: 20 days a winner (going for more next week), over $420,000 won (most by a female contestant).

I hope I didn't jinx her here; Julia Collins lost today, ending her run at 21 games (20 wins) and $428,100 in earnings.

In yesterdays paper in the "this day in history" section it said that Ken Jenning's streak started a year ago.

JINNNNNNX! How could you? Ok, not really, she looked tired and her momentum got scuttled when she lost $3k on that second daily double.