Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    JINNNNNNX! How could you? Ok, not really, she looked tired and her momentum got scuttled when she lost $3k on that second daily double.
    It was the first time in several shows that she didn't have a lead going into FJ, let alone doubling up on her nearest opponent.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Is it just me or does Alex Trebek come across as a bit of a snob at times?

Generic examples in my mind would be when people give the wrong answer and he belts out "NO" as if the person is an idiot for being wrong. And then other times someone will give a wrong answer and Trebek will rub their nose in it about how they went the wrong way on an answer.

That's sure the way Will Ferrell played him on SNL.

I don't like some of the judges' rulings on "close" responses. Case in point, the correct one should've been "What is the South China Sea?" but the clue included the word "South," and the contestant was thrown off by being wrong. Some of their pronunciation "errors" have been dubious, too.

But yeah, Mr. Trebek is often haughty in his tone.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega