Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Why didn't Jedi notice decoy?

I was watching TPM for the first time this weekend and this thought came to me: If the Jedi are so wise and knowing, why didn't they immediately notice something was up with Padme and her decoy?

Re: Why didn't Jedi notice decoy?

The decoy was in place the moment the Jedi arrived on Naboo. At no time until the ruse was revealed was did the Jedi know anything about the switch. Remember, when Queen Amidala made her plea to the Senate, the only ones who saw her before and after were Anakin, Jar Jar and Palpatine.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

That's true.

There were two instances of where the Jedi spoke to the decoy and the real Padme: on the way to Tatoonie (fake) and on the way back to Naboo (real). They could have noticed a difference at those times.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150
    I was watching TPM for the first time this weekend and this thought came to me: If the Jedi are so wise and knowing, why didn't they immediately notice something was up with Padme and her decoy?
    Because they hadn't seen Pirates of the Caribbean yet.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150
    Whoa, wait a sec...you have over 1,000 posts and you just now saw Episode I?
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy
    Whoa, wait a sec...you have over 1,000 posts and you just now saw Episode I?

Damn, you beat me to it.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

No, I've seen it multiple times but this past weekend was the first time in a while.

Don't you notice something new and different?

Usually, but you didnt state that previously, so we were unsure.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

What is this Star Wars thing I keep seeing mentioned on this forum?
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan knew there was a decoy all along.