No Daleks in New Doctor Who!

DISASTER! the bbc have just announced that they cannot reach agreement with the family of dalek creator terry nation (who own 50% of the rights to the daleks) with regard to their use in the new doctor who series.

the bbc claim that the nation family want complete control of any storyline involving the daleks because they are worried the bbc is making them 'too evil'.

these are the creatures who want to exterminate every other being from the universe and rule it themselves. how much more evil can it get ?

hopefully the two parties will continue negotiating becuase doctor who without the daleks is like fish without chips, mulder without scully and bonnie without clyde. its just not right .
    come one, come all/chalk your eyes/blood for gall/this isnít the same world/your children are offerings/bow down/give thanks for their scant sufferings/chalk your eyes/the bigger the god so small the man/just this wooden horse remains

is this what you fought for?/green order/green order

Re: No Daleks in New Doctor Who!

Worried they'll be too evil? They do realize they are overturned garbage cans right?
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Good riddance to bad rubbish cans!

Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The daleks are back in!!

I just saw this on the Sci Fi Channel's news of the week site:

Daleks Return In Who

They were out, now they're back in: The BBC announced that Doctor Who's archenemies, the Daleks, will appear after all in the upcoming updated TV series slated for 2005. The announcement comes after the network resolved a dispute with the estate of SF writer Terry Nation, who created the mechanical menaces, the BBC reported.

The BBC said an agreement had been reached ensuring that the Daleks will return when the new Doctor Who comes back to British airwaves, with Christopher Eccleston in the lead role.

There have been protracted negotiations between the BBC and Nation's estate since it was announced Doctor Who was coming back 14 years after it was canceled. The talks broke down, with the BBC saying at the time that no agreement could be reached over editorial control and that producers had already created another villain.