Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Goodbye Marlon Brando

He was really up there amongst the Olympian actors. Olivier, Bogart, Grant, to name a few. I don't think there is anybody still living who has his resume. It is too bad he couldn't manage his finances better as he grew older. But he left soem very memorable performances. The first movie of his I ever saw was Superman.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Re: Goodbye Marlon Brando

RIP Marlon. NOw you can stick oranges in your mouth in the greatest garden of them all
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Rest in peace. You were indeed a contender.

And, despite what the critics said, you were awesome in The Island of Doctor Moreau.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Boy, I forgot he was in Superman. I guess that would have been the first movie I saw him in as well.

STELLA!!!!
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

What a coincidence. I started reading the Godfather novel last night.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

What's this about Brando refusing to be on set as Frank Oz directed The Score ? Bobby D. directed Brando's scenes because Brando refused to work for Miss Piggy ?

If so, what a jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    What's this about Brando refusing to be on set as Frank Oz directed The Score ? Bobby D. directed Brando's scenes because Brando refused to work for Miss Piggy ?

If so, what a jerk.
    yea, i heard that. i'd too like to know the story on that.

from what i've heard, brando was kinda wierd like this. i've read that he refused to learn his lines and used cue cards through out his career, except for "Dr. Moreau" where he had his lines read to him via an ear piece.

Quote Originally Posted by derek
    yea, i heard that. i'd too like to know the story on that.

from what i've heard, brando was kinda wierd like this. i've read that he refused to learn his lines and used cue cards through out his career, except for "Dr. Moreau" where he had his lines read to him via an ear piece.
    I heard that in the Superman commentary with Richard Donner. He said Brando's famous dramatic pauses weren't pauses, it was him reading his lines!
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

IMDb lists some interesting trivia, if it's accurate:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000008/bio

It mentions the thing about Miss Piggy as well as his absence from the set of The Score when Oz was around.

I'm not trying to dump on a guy after he died, I just recently heard that about The Score and I thought it was pretty classless. Frank Oz seems to have a good reputation as a nice guy so it's rather immature to refuse to work with him because of the Muppets.

If Brando had refused to work with Roman Polanski or Victor Salva, now that I could understand.

But FRANK OZ ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    IMDb lists some interesting trivia, if it's accurate:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000008/bio

It mentions the thing about Miss Piggy as well as his absence from the set of The Score when Oz was around.

I'm not trying to dump on a guy after he died, I just recently heard that about The Score and I thought it was pretty classless. Frank Oz seems to have a good reputation as a nice guy so it's rather immature to refuse to work with him because of the Muppets.

If Brando had refused to work with Roman Polanski or Victor Salva, now that I could understand.

But FRANK OZ ? ? ?

interesting.. heres what I found.

During the casting of The Score, director Frank Oz visited Marlon Brando's home and offered the actor $3 million to play the role of a gay master thief. Brando agreed. When he showed up on the set with day-glo make up and a full-blown lisp, however, Oz delicately explained that he was looking for a more subtle portrayal of homosexuality. Brando responded with a typical mumbled profanity and refused to work if Oz was present. "I bet you wish I was a puppet," he told the director, "so you could stick your hand up my ***** and make me do what you want!"

http://www.anecdotage.com/browse.php...ple&who=Brando
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Salsa Shark.. I think were gonna need a bigger boat..[/FONT]