Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Star Destroyer for the action figures!!! (must see!)

This was reported on E-bay by RS. It is incredible!

It is a Star Destroyer that holds all the Imperial Action Figures plus a TIE Fighter, TIE Bomber, and the Imperial Shuttle!

I had wanted to build one myself, but intended nothing this ambitious.

I've made a Blockade Runner (pictures attached) but don't quite have the room for a Star Destroyer (plus Jabba's Sailbarge was to be my next project).

In any case, this is a What-Could-Be thread, so please don't move it to customs - thanks. Not everyone views that section - but here these fine capital ships can be seen and discussed.

Anyway, my Star Destroyer would have had a larger bridge with flat floors in the crew pits, as well as an elevator (like the vintage DS playset style) - but I'd have only considered there being room for a TIE Bomber in the main hanger, not these 3 ships including one the size of the shuttle!

I wonder if figures can board the shuttle from inside the ship?

How do the TIE Fighters launch? Are there other hanger doors we can't see in the pictures?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3b_12_b.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	8508   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6e_12.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	8509   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	82_12.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	8510   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f4_12.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	8511   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2e_12.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	8512  

BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Re: Star Destroyer for the action figures!!! (must see!)

Here are the interior shots of the Star Destroyer from E-bay:

Name:	eb_12.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	8515   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	30_12_s.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	8516   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e7_12.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	8517   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e4_12_s.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	8518  
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

damn, this thing is AMAZING!!!! I tip my hat to the person/persons who made this. Can you imagine if Hasbleh put out an exclusive like this?!? It'd be like a grand and only available at K-Mart stores.

nice pics though!!! This thing looks incredible!!!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Here are pictures of my Tantive IV Rebel Blockade Runner for the figures (this is from my personal collection) and a Jabba The Hutt Sailbarge that was sold on e-Bay that I wish I owned!

Name:	blockade1.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	8519   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blockade2.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	15.6 KB 
ID:	8520   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blockade3.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	8521  

Whoops. Here's from the Hutt's Private Collection

Name:	jabbas1.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	8522   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jabbas2.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	8523   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jabbas3.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	8524  

That's really cool, imagine if they make a Super Star Destroyer...that would be amazing.
    [SIGNATURE]

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
    damn, this thing is AMAZING!!!! I tip my hat to the person/persons who made this. Can you imagine if Hasbleh put out an exclusive like this?!? It'd be like a grand and only available at K-Mart stores.

nice pics though!!! This thing looks incredible!!!!
    While my Blockade Runner needs a lot of refinement next to these more professional models of the other large ships, I ran the Exibitor-Only Blockade at Comic Con in 1999 (with a begrudging SirSteve helping me, LOL) and showed my ship to Hasbro in person (as well as Steve Sansweet).

I was told it if it were ever feasible, something like that, individual cost reduced by economies of scale from mass-producing, the 5 foot long Blockade Runner would retail for approximately $250 per individual ship.

I told them that DUDE! WE WOULD ALL SAVE UP AND PAY THAT MUCH ANYWAY!

The GI Joe USS Flag aircraft carrier could not even compare to Star Wars at this size and brilliance (of any of these ships properly produced).

Obviously the Flag, nor these crafts (well maybe Jabba's) are to actual scale, but this is as good as it could get. Michael Fright built the 1:1 scale Blockade Runner for the figures. The ship actually would hold 400 crewmembers and be 4 decks tall with turbolifts throughout the ship, Princess Leia's quarters, Captain Antilles', etc. Well, who needs that beyond being able to set up critical scenes with your figures, like Darth Vader meeting the Bounty Hunters on the Star Destroyer bridge.

Michael Fright's ship required a semi-truck to move it (not kidding!) It took up his entire driveway at his home, and then required a permit from his hometown to stick out into the street.

Let's discuss ships that would fit in your living room or garage instead.

Obviously, a Star Destroyer and Blockade Runner cannot be to scale to each other - but so what? My Tantive IV is as SMALL as I could satifactorily build it at 5 feet or so (it's slightly bigger I think).

The Destroyer is quite logically about 7 feet because of its unique shape needs.

I'd guess Jabba's Sailbarge is about 4 feet - maybe 5. It is actually to scale with the figures as it should be.

Hasbro ought to make these and if Master Replicas can get $500 for metal tubing with $1.50 flourescent lighting, why the heck can't enough of us pay that much or less for one of these magnificent ships???

Space is like the only consideration.

But we're Star Wars collectors - we can get rid of our wives and kids to make more room if need be!

Is that Star Destroyer coming out by Hasbro for EP III or is that a custom?
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.

The Large-Scale Dream List:

Blockade Runner
    Star Destroyer
    Sandcrawler (not as likely to sell)
    Millennium Falcon (ought to be made before ANY of the others)
    Death Star Playset
    Rebel Transport
    Super Star Destroyer
    Rebel Medical Frigate
    Jabba's Sailbarge
    Mon Calamari Cruiser
    Republic Courrier (not necessary so large. I'm thinking Radiant VII)
    Republic Cruiser (proto-Star Destroyer)
    those mobile laser cannons the Clones used PHATs or whatever they were called
    Trade Federation Cargo Ships (converted for combat use, droid control ships)
    AT-TE (not really a large vehicle - smaller than the AT-AT, so Hasbro ought to..)

I mean come on! Then the collection would truly be complete!

Very cool items. That sure would be a great conversation piece.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.