Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

The Complaint Department And Boredom Relief Center

Post here when you are really bored or something really plsses you off.

Also post your laundry list of things you have to do but don't really want to.

I'll start:

I am really, really bored right now. I'd love a great debate on the forums or something interesting to analyze or think about.

I'd even like to post something incredibly controversial or crazy to even get negative attention right now - but this is my experimentaly new, mature way of handling this state of mind I sometimes get in.

I will take a moment to

SCREAM!!!!!

Ahhh. That feels much better.

So what could I be up to?

1) for a laundry list, it helps if you really have laundry to do. Actually it doesn't help that much - plus I'll have to go and get quarters because we have coin activated machines here. But the laundry room is locked at 11pm and it's midnite now, plus I also don't want to go to the 24 hour grocery store right now, even though it's just up the street.

2) but if I did, I could get some butter. I like to have butter on my toast, and I could make a nice snack of some cinnamon toast right now if only I had bought some butter! (ah - but I have Strawberry Cherrios and milk which might substitute and allow me to remain lazy for the rest of the evening.

3) I didn't work out tonight, so I have extra energy which means I'm not that sleepy. But if only I'd go to bed early, I could wake up early and chase down SW figures in the morning - before they all sell out 5 minutes after the store opens. Not that I'm really looking for anything, but I'll pick up Smokescreen the Alternator when I happen to go into the next toy isle. Transformers are really "doing it for me" lately.

4) I need to crunch some numbers for some clients for work, but I really don't feel like sitting still and starting a "project" right now.

5) I have to shave. I hate shaving. A lot of people here started a thread about that a while ago. The worst part of it is that it's quicker and easier to shave if you do it every day - only it gets even more boring. Complaining about it here helps though. Let me try:

I HATE SHAVING!!!

That's better. I think I'll even post again when my stubble's gone.

6) Meanwhile, my SW collection and other objects contributing to my "mess room" need some tidying. I've actually made great progress on it. That leaves me with 2 choices:

a) continue
    b) come back to it in a few days and do some more, but be extremely zealous that I don't allow anything new to clutter up in the meantime.

7) My music and getting CD's in their right jewel boxes and eliminating duplicates I've burned from my clutter is going to be an annoying project in some ways. I like sitting there and listening to the music when I could be doing so many other things. But cleaning up my music files on my computer, burning hard copies and then wiping out my computer's whole lot of 'em and just collecting new music or stuff I put back from burned playlists I use will take some time.

Blah, Blah, Blah. Probably nobody cares about what I'm thinking about, but it helps to have a place to post it anyway. In fact it feels even better than trying to entertain myself with threads about wearing a large, chicken suit and some of the other nonsense I occasionally like to post.

Go ahead and use this thread as your Complaint Department and Boredom Relief Center.

Maybe people will comment on each other's lives here or feel like we have companionship on the journey from boredom to full retardation.

Thanks for joining me on my trip.

Your turn.

p.s. - I'll be back to tell people when I've shaved, eaten breakfast cereal, or bought butter for my cinnamon toast. By posting this, I'll hope to not keep you in suspsense for too long.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Re: The Complaint Department And Boredom Relief Center

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    Post here when you are really bored or something really plsses you off.
    Sure...

The fact that ever since the 'Rancor Pit' opened, there's been hardly any discussion in any other threads. Once again showing what an awful idea it was to open it, and it will amount to no good in the end. There are tons of other boards dedicated to religious and political debate. Seems a shame that t's all anymone wants to talk about here anymore. Sooner or later a massive fight will start in there, and the forums will go to hell in a handbasket. Shame really, the community was pretty peaceful and friendly before the old wounds of politics, religion, and the like were re-opened.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

OK - I ate my cereal and I'm watching Larry King Live and his talk with soon-to-be-President Kerry.

It's a commercial and I came back to comment on JarJar's complaints.

I love the Rancor Pit. I'm into politics as I've always been interested in public service, and I have some degree of ability to conduct myself in it, having gotten started with winning several of my first elected positions. There are extremely interesting things happening in this country, and this world, and it's great to talk with friends about it. We're "friends" here in the sense we all do come together here to talk about Star Wars and other movies and hobbies that bond us. Discussing political or religious stuff in other forums is more hateful or problematic for several reasons: certain sites are either conservatively or liberally slanted, and faith-based sites are biased towards their own faiths. A Christian on a Jewish website trying to convince them that the Messiah had come wouldn't be too welcome. Jewish and Christian SW fans who are friends because they both agree Clone Troopers are awesome, can be much more civil and respectful to each other, because they are both on a fan site where Clone Trooper loyalists belong. The same thing goes for Republicans and Democrats here.

That being said, there has been limited things to discuss about Star Wars right now. But I have tried.

I've posted in threads (outside of the Rancor Pit) concerning:

Scene-by-Scene Favorite Figures Not Yet Made - a thread in the Saga forum where we assembled the complete list of every character with screen time in any of the 5 movies that doesn't have a Hasbro figure - and voted to prioritize who we wanted, and for how long we think this hobby will last before everything we get is a resculpt. Only about 15-20 regulars showed up and posted in this thread. Maybe it should have been in the OTC section, but since it began with Prequel figures and encompased 5 movies, I thought the location was appropriate at the time I started the thread.

Transformers - I've recently become an Alternator collector. If you EVER collected Transformers as a kid - you do not know what you are missing and you have to get these. There are only 4 (2 are brand new and still not out everywhere yet) and the 20th Anniversary 12" Optimus Prime is to scale with them and these things transform into exact replicas of real vehicles complete with adjustable sideview mirrors, steering wheels, opening hoods with engine details, turning axels, you name it! We've discussed a Transformers wish list for the Alternator line, including Decepticons, etc.

Custom Imperial Star Destroyer for the action figures - some great pictures and discussion about having capital ships for the action figures with working play features, why Hasbro hasn't done this, what people would pay for them, etc. is up in the OTC section. The pics are worth a thousand words.

Episode 3 Spoilers - none listed here, but if you can't wait for the movie, we've done some very cool speculating and spoiler info gathering on topics as interesting as Palpatine's secrets.

Army building issues - I forget which section this thread was in, but those of us with large armies have discussed collecting them and I actually admitted how many Super-Articulated Clones I have (some may not want to know - it makes people sick).

Spider-Man 2 - the movie of the summer, no doubt - there is extensive discussion about a movie everyone loved! Spider-Man 3 is being explored in this thread.

Star Trek Enterprise - Season 4 spoilers are leaking out, and William Shatner (Captain Kirk) may make a controversial appearance with some time travel storyline involved in the plot, no doubt. (Kirk's era is 100 years after the time frame that Captain Archer's adventures are set it).

These are just a few of the threads I participate in - and look forward to more than shaving, because obviously I'm here and haven't done that yet...

But honestly, Star Wars is slowing down unless you're in the E3 spoiler stuff.

There are 211 figures total, possible, that are not resculpts. Hasbro has shown no prototypes or confirmation of any of them, though Veers, Yarua, Sly Moore, Pablo Jill and a few others are still moderate rumors as of now.

There are virtually no new ships and vehicles they are doing, as it is an OTC theme that the Sith Infiltrator, Gungan Sub, and AT-TE don't fit into - and only the AT-TE has a chance of appearing as an E3 vehicle. The Sandcrawler has been discussed to death until it actually comes out.

So like I said, most E3 stuff is spoiler and not everyone goes there.

I do feel like finding the Star Wars theme park thread perhaps - listing rides I'd like to see, that sort of thing.

Oh - and the TV show is a mum topic right now until we know more to complain or anxiously await it's debut.

Comics have been great though if you're into the Clone Wars and interested in threads regarding improvements to the SW books.

That to me says there may be lots to talk about.

What's your response to all of that?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I don't have a real response to all that. There's plenty to talk about outside the walking on eggshells area of the rancor pit. And after some of the posts I browsed in there when it first went up, my decision to avoid it was justified. It's bad enough to see things being argued about about Star Wars or anything else not included in the P&R arena. But it's quite another to see some of the harsh comments that even you yourself have made about a number of things in their Tycho...

And by the way.....
    Tycho has opinions on everything.

Tycho is always right.

Tycho is an authority. You should listen to him.
    Your signature approaches levels of arrogence and egotism that hasn't been seen on these forums since DeadEye was last banned. I'm half expecting to see you add 'Expect on Guns, Games, and Girls' there any day now.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Complaint Dept:

Right at this moment, I f'ing hate women. I truly don't understand them. ..... but ya know, that's not true...I think I do, but I hate what I see. Sometime's life f'ing sucks. I'd be better off living in a state of blind ignorance as so many other people have consciously or unconsciously found solace in. It really sucks being so "aware" all the time. I want to live in a state of ignorance too.

Grrr! I'm going to sleep in hopes that I'll feel better in the morning...

Oh, and Jar Jar, quit your f'ing whining. The Prequels suck. You and about 5 other guys think otherwise. Get over it. If you want to talk about how great everything is, the "New Topic" button is there for you to click. Otherwise, nobody is forcing you to even glance at any other threads. In fact, nobody even forces any of us to log into SSG ever. I really don't get the whining about the topics being discussed. Don't like it, don't read it. Or is that "pseudo-logic"?

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid
    Oh, and Jar Jar, quit your f'ing whining. The Prequels suck. You and about 5 other guys think otherwise. Get over it. If you want to talk about how great everything is, the "New Topic" button is there for you to click. Otherwise, nobody is forcing you to even glance at any other threads. In fact, nobody even forces any of us to log into SSG ever. I really don't get the whining about the topics being discussed. Don't like it, don't read it. Or is that "pseudo-logic"?
    Hello? I was responding to Tycho, not you. He asked, I offered. And I assure you, there's more then me and 5 other people that think otherwise. Get over yourself. Why would I talk about how great everything is, in a thread asking if we have any complaints. You really don't make a lot of sense there, Stillakid. But then that's typical of most of your arguments. Have you been writing your great Hollywood script that shall rival such great films as Battlefield Earth in windowless rooms with markers again?

Take some of your own advice for once, fignuts. Instead of acting like everyone is beneath you. Don't like it, don't read it. Or is that "pseudo-logic"?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 07-09-2004 at 04:59 AM.

JarJar, I love my signature. I designed it because I am perfect, know everything, and never make mistakes.

I was actually almost going to take it down today because I thought it detracted from some of my more serious posts, or SW ones that had long lists with them (figures, etc), but mostly because it was getting old. Seeing as how it is provocative, I think I'll keep it a week or more longer because it is still contributing to a little fun for me.

See: I knew I couldn't possibly make a mistake. I am almost perfect, save for the fact that sometimes I forget it.

I know: tone is hard to read on the internet, but you all should sort of have a handle on me by now - and when I'm serious and when I'm not.

But meanwhile, what I'd hoped you'd respond to is where you've been and what posts you've been involved in, and which ones of the non-Rancor Pit posts (like Spider-Man 2, etc) that I've enjoyed, have you participated in, read, liked, or why you didn't - for example the Scene-by-Scene figures not yet made thread would seem to be right up in your area of interest, but I never saw you as a regular there.

Quote Originally Posted by JarJarBinks
    Hello? I was responding to Tycho, not you. He asked, I offered. And I assure you, there's more then me and 5 other people that think otherwise. Get over yourself. Why would I talk about how great everything is, in a thread asking if we have any complaints. You really don't make a lot of sense there, Stillakid. Have you been writing your great Hollywood script that shall rival such great films as Battlefield Earth in windowless rooms with markers again?

Take some of your own advice for once, fignuts. Don't like it, don't read it. Or is that "pseudo-logic"?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    ROTFLMAO! Oh you made me laugh JarJar!

Stillakid, he got you there. Besides, I love the Prequels and like I told JarJar - I'm so perfect, intelligent, and such a paragon of sophistocated taste, that my love for TPM and AOTC counts as much as that of 10 more people! So that would make 15 of us counting the friends of JarJar

Meanwhile, Mr. Binks, if we didn't have differences of opinion, there'd be nothing to discuss.

"Spider-Man 2 was cool"

"Yeah. It rocked."

"Duh."

"I thought so."

Instead, here I am - NO LONGER BORED AT THE MOMENT !!! - and I've had a great laugh. All I need is to get the 2 of you dudes in a room with several baskets of fruit and this could be great all night!

By the way, Stillakid: are you separated, divorced, or Scott Peterson? What's up with all the new "women threads?" This is the complaint department. We might find "Family Services - Las Vegas Style" for you here.
    Last edited by Tycho; 07-09-2004 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JarJarBinks
    Hello? I was responding to Tycho, not you. He asked, I offered. And I assure you, there's more then me and 5 other people that think otherwise. Get over yourself. Why would I talk about how great everything is, in a thread asking if we have any complaints. You really don't make a lot of sense there, Stillakid. But then that's typical of most of your arguments. Have you been writing your great Hollywood script that shall rival such great films as Battlefield Earth in windowless rooms with markers again?

Take some of your own advice for once, fignuts. Instead of acting like everyone is beneath you. Don't like it, don't read it. Or is that "pseudo-logic"?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Oh, I'm over myself. Don't worry about that. I make tons of sense. The only reason it doesn't seem that way to you is because you don't want to believe it. Remember your expertise about Super 35mm? Or will you manage to forget it and not bring it up as you have every other time I've mentioned it? Seriously, your complaint a couple posts ago was regarding the mere existence of posts like Tycho's. My reading of your bs complaint was more than relevant and appropriate...fignuts.

For the record, I'll never begrudge someone for liking or disliking anything if that's what they choose to do. But if the reasoning for it is moronic or illogical, then I'll call them to the mat on it as I did with you and others time and time again. In that case, then yeah, call me arrogant, but the lack of common sense is beneath me. All men are not created equally, no matter what the documents say.