Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

1978 Holiday Special

I'm sure this has beaten to death somewhere on the site, but can anyone tell me where I can get a decent copy of the 1978 Holiday Special? VHS or DVD is okay.

Thanks
    43 muscles to frown, 17 muscles to smile, but not one single muscle to sit here with a dumb look on my face. Now we're talking efficiency.

Re: 1978 Holiday Special

It's not available, and likely will never be available. Lucas had little to no input with the Holiday Special and considers it terrible. You'll have to try to pick up a bootleg of it from Ebay, if you really want it bad enough. Since it's pretty much a fact that it will never be officially released on Home Video in any way shape or form.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

It sucks SO badly, don't do it! I bought a VHS copy last year at Wizard World Philly. Fro some reason I didn't watch it for almost a year. When I finally put it in, I could hardly watch it.

Wasted money.

It sucks so bad, it has a Starship video! You know the ones... We built this city on rock-n-roll? Yeah, that Starship.

Don't do it!

Don't do it!

Don't do it!

Ooo, I know. ... [calmly][waves hand] This is not the video your looking for. Move along.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

I'll agree with Dr. Evazan here but....

it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad, that you MUST see it at least once. I bought a copy at the comic convention they have at the Shrine auditorium every month for 15 bucks and I'm glad to have it.
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Although the Holiday Special is so awful, I still enjoy watchingit from time to time. It actually makes me apreciate the prequels !

I downloaded it off Kazaa, it's poor quality but you'd be able to decide if you want to spend money on purchasing it from eBay. I've tried burning it to DVD but for some reason it's not working , I just think it's so bloody awful that my DVD player is just refusing to play it, LMAO !

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

It is good for one thing, the premiere animated Boba Fett cartoon. That is one of the major redeeming qualities of the entire Holiday Special. I would like to see at least it released somehow, possibly as an extra on the eventual Ewoks & Droids cartoon DVD.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

It would make the ideal "easter egg" for the OT DVD. Have GLu do a humerous "okay, you asked for it" lead in a la Peter Jackson's intro to the Jack Black bit on the FOTR DVD. It would show a good sense of humour if nothing else, and would finally satisfy those of us that actually do want a copy of this to watch - for whatever absurd reason.

Run a search of "holiday special" on these forums and you'll find an absolutely hilarious thread from around a year ago... some of the funniest stuff I've read on here. I'll try to dig it up and link, it's worth the time.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I was able to download it using WinX (a Kazaa like program without the spyware). That's how I found the US pilot for Red Dwarf as well. Both are awful, awful, AWFUL!
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

If I had one I would give it to you. But I dont because it sucks.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Fett
    a decent copy of the 1978 Holiday Special
    Oxymoron.