Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Medstar 1: Battle Surgeons (Reviews only, No spoliers plz)

Hey people. I just got my copy a few days ago while on vacation in Nothern CA (Auburn). I bought it for $6.75 at a little book store. that made my day... Has anyone read it yet??? I want to read it but I just finished Star by Star and started Dark Journey. I have to finish Njo...
    hurray for birthdays!

http://www.myspace.com/MattGush

Thumbs down Re: Medstar 1: Battle Surgeons (Reviews only, No spoliers plz)

I'm halfway through it. While I have been in an "eh" Star Wars mode as far as it comes to recent Expanded Univ. stories, this one is depressing. It's M.AS.H. meets CNN News in Iraq. I have found little redeeming value in it so far.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Re: Medstar 1: Battle Surgeons (Reviews only, No spoliers plz)

War is usually not a happy occassion. I've started it and it's not an action packed story so far. This is more like a drama with some intrigue mixed in.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Unhappy Re: Medstar 1: Battle Surgeons (Reviews only, No spoliers plz)

I'm not certain, but this might possibly be the worst SW EU novel ever. (And I've read Truce of Bakura, Crystal Star, New Rebellion, SW Galaxies: Dantooine, etc.) When I read SW fiction, I want the space fantasy aspects that I love from the films. This is too "realistic" for my tastes. On a scale of 1-10, I'd give it a 4, and I ususally don't give SW books less than the dreaded average of 5.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I too think it was average, but I'll give it a 6. It is definitely better then SWG: Dant.

I like the more realisitic style. I liked the mystery also of who the spy is. It seems that some of the people who I thought was the spy were disproven. Wondering how the actions of Black Sun will affect the outcome.

I noticed, and liked, that more aspects of the entire SW universe are making their way into fiction. Example wuld be Teras Kasi. First its own video game, now used in SWG, and now making an apearance in the book.

And the cover--- IMO the image of Barris looks a heluva lot like the chic from Crossing Jordan / early Law and Order.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

I liked the book,then again I'm a huge fan of MASH.I cant wait for the second one,should hopefully prove to be just as good.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

So which book would I enjoy more over a long weekend: Medstar, Shatterpoint or the latest Zahn book?

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJediGirl
    I liked the book,then again I'm a huge fan of MASH.I cant wait for the second one,should hopefully prove to be just as good.
    The mention of MASH did it for me, I'll be getting this book soon...Star Wars and MASH all in one...HEAVEN!

Thanks IJG
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150
    So which book would I enjoy more over a long weekend: Medstar, Shatterpoint or the latest Zahn book?
    Im around 130(pg) on Medstar and it has been really good so far.A tip if you are going to read this one: Have the guide to alien species next to you. It REALLY helps.. As for Shatter Point I'll probably be reading it soon (After Med2, Rouge Planet, and the EPIII tie-in by Luceno). Stover is a very good author so I think it should be good.. I also want to read (later) The Cestus Deception. Barnes made it sound really good at comic con. As for Zahn.. I started Heir to the Empire when I was in 6th grade and didnt get to finish it because of an assigned book.. Dont know why I never finished it, and honestly, (call me crazy ) I like some other authors' work a lot better than his, even though he was somewhat the "founding father" of SW Ficton. Oh well. Thats my 2. Have fun with whatever you choose to read.
    hurray for birthdays!

http://www.myspace.com/MattGush

Thanks for the tip.

Right now, I'm re-reading the Daley Han Solo Adventures. Haven't read these since junior high, and I'm thoroughly enjoying them. Daley's style isn't as techno-driven as some of the more modern writers.