Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Which/how many comics do you read?

Just wondering what everyone else is into. I know there's already a thread about which comics everyone buys week by week, but that olne seems quite long and I'd really just like to know who's buying what on a regular basis. So let's have it. While we're at it, which are your favorite books? Favorite artists? Favorite writers?

I'm currently buying the following titles regularly:

Superman
    Action Comics
    Adventures of Superman
    Superman/Batman (one of my faves)
    JLA (I wish they'd finalize a new regular creative team to hopefully put this one back on my list of favorites)
    Justice League: Another Nail
    JSA (a perennial favorite of mine - I'll read anything Johns writes!)
    DC: New Frontier (shaping up to be a true classic! I can't stand the wait between issues)
    Batman
    Nightwing
    Robin
    Birds of Prey (I'd lost interest for a while when Dixon left, but Simone has renewed my love)
    Wonder Woman
    Plastic Man
    Hawkman (wasn't sure about Palmiotti taking over, especially after my boy Johns left, but I think my fears where without merit - still another favorite!)
    Green Arrow
    Teen Titans (a worthy successor to the Wolfman/Perez run - this ranks second only to JSA on my list)
    the Outsiders (another favorite - can't wait to read it each month)
    Aquaman
    Firestorm
    the Flash
    Identity Crisis (the first issue was the best comic I've read in quite a while)
    Richard Dragon
    Teen Titans, Go!
    Fables
    Ex Machina
    Planetary (when new issues actually come out, this one always jumpos back up to the top of my list)
    Arrowsmith (the first volume just ended, I'm hoping the second comes quickly - what a great story, and the art can scarcely be beat!)
    Astro City (always good, just much less frequent lately)
    Supreme Power (few books out now tend to be as interesting and smartly written as this one)
    Astonishing X-Men
    Daredevil: Father
    Thor: Son of Asgard
    Conan
    Star Wars Tales
    Masters of the Universe (it's all I've got left... )
    GIJoe Reloaded
    Remains
    Abadazad
    Freaks of the Heartland
    Ghostbusters

Re: Which/how many comics do you read?

Good god dude, that's a crapload of comics....

I stick mostly with the X-Comics myself. Here's what I currently get, though next month there's a couple new ongoings and limited series starting up.

Astonishing X-Men
    Excalibur
    Exiles
    New X-Men: Academy X
    Powerless
    Ultimate Spider-Man (Hardcovers)
    Ultimate X-Men
    Uncanny X-Men
    X-Men

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

What can I say? My comic retailer loves me! Speaking of - if anyone ever happens to be visiting near here, I recommend stopping by Waterfront Comics in Suisun. John's a good guy, and runs a great store!

That must be one heck of a store... (he must like you because you spend so much there ) Anyways im only a SW comic book fan. I get Republic, Empire and SOMETIMES Tales. Lately tales has been really bad so I just flip through it and if I want it I buy it.
    hurray for birthdays!

http://www.myspace.com/MattGush

Star Wars Tales
    Star Wars Republic
    Star Wars Empire
    The Punisher
    NYX
    Marvel Knights Spider-Man
    Astonishing X-Men

I'm considering dropping the Star Wars titles. They haven't been that great lately.
    I will probably always buy The Punisher...well, as long as Ennis is writing.
    I really like what I've been reading in NYX...whenever it happens to come out.
    I'm "test driving" Spidey and X-Men. If they don't stay self contained (for the most part) - I'm out.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I'm pretty much a Marvel fan myself. My favorite creators include Stan Lee, John Romita Sr., Warren Ellis, John Cassaday, Frank Miller, Mark Waid, Travis Charest, Alex Ross, Mike Deodato Jr., John Romita Jr., Frank Quitely, Grant Morrison, Alan Moore, Neil Gaiman...... I don't think there's an end to this list anywhere. Those came to mind pretty quickly and are in no particular order. Because of the preclusive cost of Star Wars toys lately, I've had to slash my monthly pull-list, and am down to the following books:

Amazing Spider-Man
    Hulk
    X-Men
    Uncanny X-Men
    Astonishing X-Men
    Daredevil
    Fantastic Four

Planetary
    Astro City

But would read much more if I had the means. I've been trying to pick up things like Secret War, Thanos, Global Frequency and the GIJoe books, but I'm going to have to wait to catch up down the road.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Im an infrequent buyer of comic books but when i do buy its usually a Transformers title. Im holding off on completing my More Than Meets the Eye series (of toys biographys) because ive heard that two "books" are coming out containing four of the eight issues each later this year. Other than that i try to avoid comics like the plague. I dont need another hobby burning up my spare cash. But if i had the means i would collect a couple of Xmen titles (my favorite group of Marvel heroes) and Star Wars (though i dislike stories not matching up with others in the EU universe, dont know whether thats a problem any longer but is a main reason why i avoid them). If Dreamwave releases a Beast Wars series i will definitely get it though.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Wow, have any of you guys tried any DC books lately? I've always been a dyed-in-the-wool DC guy, but there have been times when I was reading just as many Marvel books - in the past, I've been a regular reader of Spider-Man, Amazing Spider-Man, Hulk, Thor, Avengers, Namor, New Warriors, Punisher, Dr. Strange, Fantastic Four, Ultimate Fantastic Four, Ultimate X-Men, The Ultimates, She-Hulk, Marvel Knights, Daredevil, X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, New X-Men, X-Statix, X-Force, Alpha Flight, Nova, Spider-Man/Black Cat, Captain America, Truth and many others over the years. Marvel just never managed to grab me like DC did. I was reading a lot of those Marvel books until just recently, but I honestly think DCs books are far better and much more entertaining. I recommend picking up any of the books on my list if anyone's interested in some great new stories.

Nope, RooJay. Never been a reader or a fan of DC Comics. I own like 8 of them, which I bought for research materials. Angel and the Ape vol. 2 #1-#4 and Angel and the Ape vol. 3 #1-#4. As Stan Lee would say, "Make Mine Marvel!"

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I'm with you Roojay. I read almost all DC with the exception of The Punisher. And a few Image and independent titles. Marvel's story lines have seemed too "light" for me as well as the continuity problems between titles.
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000