View Poll Results: Did you buy the OT DVDs or SW:Battlefront?

Voters
546. You may not vote on this poll
  • I got just the OT DVD set

289 52.93%
  • I picked up only SW:Battlefront

17 3.11%
  • I got both the DVDs and the game

198 36.26%
  • I bought neither

42 7.69%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Did you buy the OT DVDs or SW:Battlefront?

Last Tuesday was the official release of the Original Trilogy DVD boxed set and the Star Wars:Battlefront videogame here in the US, and other countries around the world has been seeing releases of these titles over the past week as well. It has been just under a week since their release, yet the news of Tuesday's global Star Wars sales from those 2 titles is still reverberating as most impressive - $115 million for one day's take. This week's poll attempts to find out how many people contributed to that monster record-breaking number.

So, did you buy the OT DVDs or SW:Battlefront, or both?

Re: Did you buy the OT DVDs or SW:Battlefront?

I preordered Battlefront (mainly to get the figure).

Haven't picked up the SuperNifty 3.0 DVD yet and in no hurry. But I do want to see the extras so maybe soon.

But I did order some "bootleg" DVD burns (off the Laserdisks) of the original 1.0 versions so hopefully they'll come soon so I can see Star Wars again the way it was meant to be seen.

I bought neither. My b-day is in a month and I announced to my family last night to but the Silver one for me.

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid
    Haven't picked up the SuperNifty 3.0 DVD yet and in no hurry. But I do want to see the extras so maybe soon.
    Ditto. I'm waiting to see if a friend can get it for me for cost -- otherwise, I'm in no hurry. (Though I've gotta admit, I'm likely to break down and get it any time now.)

Battlefront I really want, but I'm willing to tough it out and wait 'til it gets marked down in a few months.
    plasticfetish.net

I bought Battlefront to get the figure and because I that it looked awesome. Unfortunately my system is so slow that it is like the Matrix bullet time mode all the time. I still have played some and since I can dodge bullets I'm like a god. Guess it's time to finally update my system.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

I ain'ts got neither yet, but as pf and waboritas stated, it's only a matter of time before I get them both.

I do have some money to burn, but I have other needs that need attending to, like gasoline and food.

Eventually, in a month, I'll probably break down and get both.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

I only got Battlefront, refuse to buy the DVD's. I do want to see the bonus disc, but my parents and plenty of others have bought the set, so I will just bum it from them.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I bought the game and the movies. I've watched IV and V so far. I've played a little bit of the game, but not online. I got the X-Box version. I started playing the single player historical missions and made it through Tatooine and Rhen War, but am now stuck on Yavin. I got the strategy guide too so I'll have to make use of that.

The DVD's hold no appeal to because Mr. Lucas has screwed up these films so badly and the only DVD player I have is in my computer. At this point I also have no interest in Battlefront either for a couple of reasons. First, my machine is old enough the system requirements likely exceed it. Second, Aspyr hasn't had time to write a Mac version. Third, SW games don't interest me like they use to. And finally I don't have time right now for another detraction.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

I have not nor will I buy the DVDs, but like Stillakid, I have ordered a set of laserdisc transfers of the original Original Trilogy. I probably won't get Battlefront because I'm terrible at video games that are more complex than Super Mario World for SNES.
    [FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=red][I]Knightfall: Star Wars Stockboy Supreme[/I][/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#0000ff][URL="http://www.xanga.com/red_megaranger"][/URL][/COLOR][/FONT]