Hybrid View

Stargate Atlantis

Anyone catch this new spin-off? I'm glad it's a coexisting series to SG-1, instead of just being a new series. The show look promising.
    Last edited by Hasbro'sBountyHunter; 07-17-2004 at 10:43 AM.
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!

Re: Stargate Atlantis

Did the pilot air already? I wanted to see it. Anyone know if it'll rerun soon?
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

The pilot aired last Friday, it was kinda weak IMO. In fact, it reminded me an awful lot of Stargate: Infinities, the Saturday morning cartoon spin-off that bombed recently. Hell, even Atlantis's new gate sucks, instead of a big moving wheel each segment of the ring has LEDs that light up. Atlantis looks like it's gonna be ST:Voyager with goofier shuttlecraft, no starship, and a distinct leadership vacuum.

Man Can, I'm afraid the pilot (2 hour premiere episode "Rising") isn't coming up in the sched for the next 2 months, but I'm sure they'll reair it sometime before the end of the year.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    The pilot aired last Friday, it was kinda weak IMO. In fact, it reminded me an awful lot of Stargate: Infinities, the Saturday morning cartoon spin-off that bombed recently. Hell, even Atlantis's new gate sucks, instead of a big moving wheel each segment of the ring has LEDs that light up. Atlantis looks like it's gonna be ST:Voyager with goofier shuttlecraft, no starship, and a distinct leadership vacuum.

Man Can, I'm afraid the pilot (2 hour premiere episode "Rising") isn't coming up in the sched for the next 2 months, but I'm sure they'll reair it sometime before the end of the year.
    LOL, I agree, the shuttlecraft looked goofy.
    BTW, if anyone missed it, here's a recap of what happened:

http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/episod...n1/episode101/
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!

I felt Stargate: Atlantis was week as well. I enjoyed the reusing of characters we've already seen in the in the SG 1 show, but this spinoff feels cheap. I'm trying to keep my hopes up, but Sci-Fi is known for screwing up shows (Sliders anyone?).
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000