View Poll Results: What data is important to you?

Voters
39. This poll is closed
  • UPC #

8 20.51%
  • Availability (month and/or year)

35 89.74%
  • Accessories Included (for figures)

28 71.79%
  • P/N # (this is unique to every item)

8 20.51%
  • Assortment #

9 23.08%
  • Price

23 58.97%
  • Exclusive

25 64.10%
  • Variations

20 51.28%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What data is important to you?

While I am moving the data in the new Photo Gallery Database, I would like to know what data is important to you that should be included. I will move this into the Polls section after it has ended because this is targeted to this Forum. Please select all that apply. The Figure # will be included for sure so I did not add that to the options.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Re: What data is important to you?

I voted for release date, price exclusive and variation. I want to know when it was/will be released, how much(MSRP), and if it is exclusive or not. As for variation, I dont collect them, but if I happen to see them, I would get it. ALso if it is a variation(clean/dirty scout) I will sometimes count them as different figures, but not the Luke Dagobah regular/handstand versions. Same thing different pose.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I went with 4 choices...availability, price, exclusive and accessories.

I like to know it's an exclusive only so that I'll know if I'll be able to get it from Kebco or if I have to go to the particular store it's an exclusive in.

Variations I don't care about (but I know they are extremely important to others so I think that should be included as well). The only variation I have ever wanted to get was the bloody hand luke, 'cause I love blood and gore stuff
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

I voted for everything except price, because I seldom pay that price for new figures, and don't really care what it sold for if it's no longer available.

On the other hand, it doesn't bother me if the price is listed.

One thing that I would like to see is more coverage of foreign versions.
    43 muscles to frown, 17 muscles to smile, but not one single muscle to sit here with a dumb look on my face. Now we're talking efficiency.

I essentially want to see what is being released, when to expect it, and where. Those are the big three. It's also important to know about the exclusives and exactly where and when to get them without having to search under rocks and trees to find out. The old fashioned wave listings were perfect in their simplicity. I could personally care less about the "lines" that are released. That's just extraneous information like telling me that the bubbles are on the left or right. Doesn't matter. Just the facts.

I voted for everything but UPC #, P/N and Price. These aren't really anything to be concerned about. I mean if you don't know the the price by now, you must be hiding under a rock and not collecting anyways.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

UPC # is important because it will make searching (and for us, adding) a particular figure very easy since this # is unique.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

i just said price and variation. im a variation collector so i like to see lists of variations i can get.

the other things are important, but to me arent needed.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSteve
    UPC # is important because it will make searching (and for us, adding) a particular figure very easy since this # is unique.
    Isn't that what the character names are for?

No, the names are to confuse anyone. Names have no significance.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)