View Poll Results: Would you prefer a single unified forum for older Hasbro lines, or remain separate?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, unify all the retired modern lines' forums

16 25.81%
  • Unify the older ones only, leave Saga & CW separate

12 19.35%
  • No, all of these sections should remain separate

34 54.84%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Would you prefer a unified forum for older Hasbro lines, or separate?

This poll is asking you, the forum users, your opinion on a proposed change to the forums, your vote will weigh heavily in the final decision.

Since Hasbro restarted the Star Wars figures back in 1995, there have been several different names for the line, each change representing some sort of shift in marketing or collecting. Some have been offshoot lines while others have been all-encompassing; in all there have been around 7 lines retired in the modern line, 5 of which SSG has separate forums for:

• Power of the Force 2
    • Episode I
    • Power of the Jedi
    • Clone Wars
    • Saga
    With the passage of time, these sections will get used less and less while still taking up space on the main forums page. Today's poll asks whether you think these retired modern lines' forums should be compressed into 1 forum, or should they remain separate. It could be done either as:
    Hasbro Modern Era - Retired
    1995-2004; POTF2, SOTE, EU, Ep I, POTJ, CW, Saga
    - or -
    Hasbro POTF2, Ep I, POTJ, Saga
    1995-2004
    Do you prefer either of these? Perhaps you have another idea that could work. Or should things just stay the way they are for now? Post here and let us know.

Re: Would you prefer a unified forum for older Hasbro lines, or separate?

In the immortal words of Paul McCartney...Let it be.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

seperate....SEPERATE....SEPERATE

what's the reason to put them all together? It makes no sense to me. Just curious why this poll came up??

GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

I'm semi indifferent. I wouldn't mind having the discontinued lines as one forum (they so little activity any way), but the current lines should be kept separate. I'm not sure what the big deal is any way, its already been done for the 12" dolls. What difference would it make for the 3 3/4" figures?
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Leave them separate. If you ever have a ? about an Ep I item, it'll get completely lost in a sea of everything else.

Don't do it!!!!!

If anything, I think they could use more catagories.

Quote Originally Posted by Deoxy
    what's the reason to put them all together? It makes no sense to me. Just curious why this poll came up??
    Steve and I have been discussing this for a while, some folks have asked for it. If you look at the main forums page, there are a TON of sections. Hasbro POTJ, Ep 1, and POTF2 have had precisely 9 active threads in the past 2 months... combined. We don't have separate sections for any vintage lines or the 12", so why keep around forums for these?

Quote Originally Posted by LS
    I'm semi indifferent. I wouldn't mind having the discontinued lines as one forum (they so little activity any way), but the current lines should be kept separate.
    The active lines would be kept separate, that was stated originally, this is only about retired lines. Or do you mean recently-current lines such as Saga & Clone Wars? They're retired too now, aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by cpa
    Leave them separate. If you ever have a ? about an Ep I item, it'll get completely lost in a sea of everything else.... If anything, I think they could use more catagories.
    A "sea" of everything else? There aren't that many active discussions in any retired section but Saga right now, I highly doubt anything would get lost in the retired section. But we'll take your comment under advisement.

What other categories would you suggest?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I vote to keep them separate. Even though they take up space and would take up less if unified, whats going to in with the "new" space? I cant think of any new fourm topics, so I see no reason to combine them..
    hurray for birthdays!

http://www.myspace.com/MattGush

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    What other categories would you suggest?

OTC
    SAGA
    CW(especially with the possibility of more next year)
    POTJ& EP1 and STAR TOURS(only combined sections)
    POTF2
    VINTAGE
    12"
    LEGO
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Separate for sure, the more categorized the better.

Some of these "retired" sections may not see much activity but the separation of the lines just lends to the boards organization. Everything has it's place and I think it works rather well as it is.

The only reason I could see for unifying the lines would be if the goal of this site was to create a message board that didn't revolve around Star Wars.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Mastermatt, NOTHING would go in that space, the front page of the forums would simply contract by a few sections making it a little more streamlined. The older threads in those sections would not disappear BTW, they'd just move into the unified section.

The only reason I could see for unifying the lines would be if the goal of this site was to create a message board that didn't revolve around Star Wars.
    I don't understand that argument, this isn't the Collectors Database, the forums are about active discussion topics. We don't have a separate forum for Vintage lines Star Wars, ESB, ROTJ, and POTF1, so why not have a "Modern Retired" section for POTF2 and POTJ and Ep 1? I don't see how it'd be less Star Warsy, we don't have sections for Playskool (anymore ) or Icons or Rubies sections either.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.