Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Any musicians here?

Quote Originally Posted by mabudon
    ArcTangent.... if your physical description is as I recall it, I think you could plug in and not worry about anyone complaining
    except quite likely my ears would fall off due to the racket !
    come one, come all/chalk your eyes/blood for gall/this isnít the same world/your children are offerings/bow down/give thanks for their scant sufferings/chalk your eyes/the bigger the god so small the man/just this wooden horse remains

is this what you fought for?/green order/green order

Here... have a picture.

Here are some old band shots and stuff...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PerformanceMontage2.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	8636  
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Re: Here... have a picture.

Holy cow, man, that is some crazy set of pics, Bro

Those 2 promo shots are almost spooky, got that "Dangerous" look about 'em, and I liked the fiddle in the background of the newspaper shot, must have had a pretty eclectic sound

And ExP, don't worry too much about learning to read music, tablature is really useful, 'specially if you already have the ears for it... I never took any lessons either, just jammed like crazy back in high school with whoever was around... I have some virtuoso buddies who I can ask for tips, but my "style" is all mine

Oh, and Arctangent, just wear earplugs (I always thought it was cheating, til I lost my hearing for a couple weeks after my second Motorhead show, glad I'd learned my lesson before I saw Manowar )
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Re: Here... have a picture.

Quote Originally Posted by mabudon
    Oh, and Arctangent, just wear earplugs (I always thought it was cheating, til I lost my hearing for a couple weeks after my second Motorhead show, glad I'd learned my lesson before I saw Manowar )
    bit late for earplugs really, i am already a bit deaf from loud music.

i haven't thought of manowar for years - all men play on ten indeed !
    come one, come all/chalk your eyes/blood for gall/this isnít the same world/your children are offerings/bow down/give thanks for their scant sufferings/chalk your eyes/the bigger the god so small the man/just this wooden horse remains

is this what you fought for?/green order/green order

I play guitar and mostly do it for fun. Never was in a band. Jammed with some guys before but nothing serious. I started when I was 16 and took leasons for about 6 months. Had to quit due to football and never went back. Unfortunately I have forgotten how to read music but that is what tablature is for. I play metal and rock stuff. I think I sound good most of the time but I'm sure to some it sounds like garbage.

Anyone want to form the Cantina Band but with earth instruments?

I used to play piano and the trumpet/cornet. But that was almost 10 years ago.
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

I've played guitar for about ohh... 13 years now! I own both acoustic and electric. I've never played out, jammed once in awhile, but I've never been around anyone really that is into it as I am(kinda like SW) So I've just never really had the oppourtunities to do anything with it! I consider myself a 'natural player' meaning i just play what comes naturally or from the heart, I don't know how to read music, don't know chord names really don't know anything technical, just if it sounds good and I'm feeling it, I'll play it!
    There was a time when I could play almost every Led Zeppelin song, but It's been so long I hardly remember any of them, although I've started playing some of them again! Right now I've mainly been trying to learn Radiohead's stuff, There my fav right now, so that's why I'm so into learning there stuff. I probably know 1/4 or 1/2 of there catalog, I know I can play almost evey song on "The Bends" except for maybe 1 or 2 of 'em!!
    Hey LBC were right down the thruway from each other we should jam!
    [FONT=ComicSansMS]"What happens in Indy STAYS in Indy!".[/FONT]
    [FONT=ComicSansMS]"The only thing you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you".[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by The 'Xir
    Hey LBC were right down the thruway from each other we should jam!
    Sounds like fun Brent, I'll just tie the piano onto the top of my car. I think I know a few gigs we can score. Ever been to a bar mitzvah?

Maybe Mabudon can swing over, we'll call ourself the Sir Stevies.
    Last edited by Lowly Bantha Cleaner; 07-29-2004 at 12:28 AM.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

I'd be in, although a longhaired guy with no drivers liscense, carrying a beat-up 12 string with grateful dead stickers on the case (I didn't put them there ) may be waiting a while at the border

From the looks of things my "wife" and I will be owning a house before years' end, you guys could always come over and stay for the weekend...

I've wanted to make some sort of SSG "tribute" song for a long time now, maybe we can work it out (NOT a beatles reference, BTW)

And how 'bout "The mediclarienz" as a name ??
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.