Hybrid View

Any musicians here?

Just wondering if SirSteves forumites had any budding musicians on board?

Personally, I started playing an instrument only last year, when I was 23. I bought a Suzuki Digital Piano (resembles a giant keyboard, has piano quality sound) and started taking lessons a year ago.

I do moderately well for a working man who finds about a 1/2 hour a day to squeeze in some practice. Piano is a tougher instrument, because you have to worry about the melody and the bass line. Having your hands work on two different things at once, is not easy for me, but I practice and progress. Can't play anything near the league of any classical or pop perfomer, but I enjoy my easy piano books and hope to someday, be somewhere remotely as talented as them.

As for starting a band, I ain'ts got much rhythm, and playing in tune would be difficult, as I would make my bandmates pretty mad at me.

Anyone else play an instrument? Do we have any Elton John or Jimi Hendrix caliber performers out there?
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Re: Any musicians here?

I play guitar and I'm okay with a drum kit; people say I sing really well too, but my strong suit seems to be composition

I've been thinking about starting to jam with a couple buddies again, but mostly I just work out tunes myself;
    currently I'm writing a reggae-style song called "boba fett uprising"

And we don't have a keyboard player at all yet, why not make the trip sometime LBC ?
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by mabudon
    currently I'm writing a reggae-style song called "boba fett uprising"
    Are the lyrics finished? I would be delighted to hear them.

And we don't have a keyboard player at all yet, why not make the trip sometime LBC ?
    Okay, but only if I get to play my Keytar!
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

i really, really wish i could play an instrument but i don't have a musical bone in my body as is evidenced by the sort of music i like (that horrible, loud, noisy, shouty rubbish - copright my mum). many years ago my grandfather was a moderately famous, moderately successful opera singer here in the uk and as the musical genes missed out my dad's generation they were hoping it might hit mine. how wrong can you be ?

so whether you play privately for pleasure, or in a group you all have my admiration.
    come one, come all/chalk your eyes/blood for gall/this isnít the same world/your children are offerings/bow down/give thanks for their scant sufferings/chalk your eyes/the bigger the god so small the man/just this wooden horse remains

is this what you fought for?/green order/green order

LBC- as long as you can get it over the border we're golden

ArcTangent.... if your physical description is as I recall it, I think you could plug in and not worry about anyone complaining

Oh, and the lyrics for "Boba fett uprising" are pretty standard reggae fare, stuff like "everywhere problems, so much confusion, needin a solution" kinda thing, once I have a rough version of it I'll let ya know and maybe send it over somehow MP3 wise

maybe we can have a Jar Jar Jam if I make it to Celebration III

I was in a band for 10 years and we toured Europe, North America and Central America. It was good fun and I made a bit of money. It was also nice having sponsorships from the various radio and television networks in those countries in which we toured. I practically got to see those countries for free!

I started out as the keys/bvox guy and was eventually the lead singer with limited keyboard duties. I "retired" and am now playing at some bars and coffeelounges doing solo keys/vox gigs. It's all good.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

ArcTangent.... if your physical description is as I recall it, I think you could plug in and not worry about anyone complaining
    except quite likely my ears would fall off due to the racket !
    come one, come all/chalk your eyes/blood for gall/this isnít the same world/your children are offerings/bow down/give thanks for their scant sufferings/chalk your eyes/the bigger the god so small the man/just this wooden horse remains

is this what you fought for?/green order/green order

I'm a musician. I play bass in a band called Lucideon, click the link on my sig for the website. We play all over the southeast, and are in the studio now working on our next CD. The site is being redesigned and will be relaunched in a few weeks.
    [COLOR=RoyalBlue][URL=http://www.lucideonmusic.com]lucideon[/URL] [/COLOR]

I play guitar, electric and acoustic. i started playing last year when i was 17, and fell in love with playing. Personally i like playing acoustic better then electric. It sounds better. But you can do so much more with an electric its crazy.

I've started a band called "Right Turn Only". right now we are just getting things together and need to find a drummer. Im the rhytem guitar and vocals.

Ahh, yes, I should have specified, I mostly play acoustic 12 string, but if I'm ever near electric gear I will plug in, electric strings are easier on my fingers by far.
    And even though I play acoustic, I mostly play metal stuff, albeit it quieter than I would like