Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Luke esb and mace fx sabers NOW SHIPPING!!!:)

Hellboy, I got to open the Luke FX saber yesterday finally, it's very nice. The hilt is very accurate, I'd call it as accurate as the Vader one. The movement sensor works way better than the Vader one, and hasn't gone crazy like the Vader one often does. The blue is as bright as the red on Vader's. The clash sensor is a little less sensitive, but not a big problem. To prove it's the perfect compliment to the Vader saber, where that one has only 1 clash sound, this one has like 4 or 5 different clashes! I'm doing a more detailed review on it soon here on the site, but you've got the early info.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thanks for the update JT, sounds cool. I've decided to go with Luke's as well so I'll look forward to reading your review. Hope you had a happy b-day.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Thanks. I didn't, but oh well.

As for the review, it's written and just awaiting Steve's images to go with it, it should be up by tonight.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

hi guys, new member......

I ordered the anakin FX when it first came out. it was cool and I enjoyed it but the more I looked at it over time the more I thought it was not made very good. the electronics were buggy and the hilt was well def less than perfect. I paid full price when it first came out then bought another as they were offering a good deal @ $69.99 ? with free shipping. applied my $25 MR reward and it got it for $44.99 shipped. good deal!!! sold both of them on ebay for a profit @ last xmas hoping they will make a better one in the future.

well the Luke saber looks cool!!! I wanted a graflex flash unit but the offerings on ebay are too high. then I found these 2 sites. good deal at $125.00 for a hilt.

http://www.graflexshop.com/
    http://www.buystarwarsstuff.com/

exact replica flashes that actually still work as flashes. but I want the noise and only MR offers that. so I ordered one today and I hope its alot more acurrate than the anakin one. if not I will sell it and buy one of those replica hilts. if I do like it I might buy one anyway to compare and have one to wear and one to play with.

this site had nice pics and review of it.
    Last edited by bru; 09-23-2004 at 06:02 PM.

Welcome bru,

Keep in mind that if you want the Graflex with the EL electronics you'll spend a lot more than $125. The $125 is the cost for a bare Graflex 3-Cell replica. No grips...no blade...no electronics.

All of the MR FX sabers are oversized to house the electronics. I have a Parks EL saber and although I'd like to have the sound effects, the size accuracy is more important to me. That's just my tastes. Parks makes great Graflex replicas and I'd recommend getting one eventually. If you're a Rebelscum or RPF member, itbedave offers these at a good discount.

I think someday when the prices drop for the MR Luke ESB FX, I'll pick one up so I can duel with my 4-year-old daughter. She likes playing with my Vader FX. I just wish they made them smaller for her hands.
    [URL=http://homepage.mac.com/jedilip/PhotoAlbum9.html]My Collection[/URL]

Thanks for the welcome.

I am aware of that, been looking at these for a few years. the hilt is whats important to me as spending that kind of money for a light basically that makes no spound effect is too much. the light is nothing without the sound effects and the sound effects are nothing without the light. they go hand in hand and getting an EL would just be a bright light and nothing else, thats why MR is so sought after.

I know the MR are over sized but detail is more important to me than a little bit of size difference. if the detail is there this time unlike the anakin I will be very happy. but everyones taste is different.

I do think the parks sabers are great but if only they could add sound effects would it be the absolute perfect lightsaber to say the least!!!

the prices will drop on the MR but I could not wait like when the Anakins came out. the good thing is they will go out of production and before they do MR will offer a deep discount and because I already bought a saber I will get points to add to my next purchase and hoping like before I will get a second at a very deep discount and either sell one to get costs back or keep both depending how good they look. the pics look very good that this site posted.

the parks sabers are stunning and I think its great how the blade comes off so you can enjoy just the hilt but man the no sound effects just kills it for me.