Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: New pic of Chewbacca 12" in new Insider

I think it's ..... better...but...dad blast it, who am I kidding? I'm buying this one.
    "It's a wig."
    Banana convention drummer Fletch Bohanski,2003.

Why Why WHY?! I hate it. I might pay a nickle for it then again.....
    It is never to late to be what you might have been. (George Eliot)

Courage is as often the outcome of despair as hope; in the one case we have nothing to lose, in the other, all to gain (Diane De Poiters)

I agree with MRPAULDEEDS. If it had fur I would buy it. But if it is a Kay Bee Exclusive and they jack up the price I would have to think about it...
    Last edited by Jedi Master Silas; 07-21-2004 at 12:32 AM.
    It is never to late to be what you might have been. (George Eliot)

Courage is as often the outcome of despair as hope; in the one case we have nothing to lose, in the other, all to gain (Diane De Poiters)

That fig is a great example that I do not collect Hasbro's 12"ers. Good head on crap body.

The first 12" Chewie with the furry body was hard to come by and in my opinion the best of the bunch. Granted, the fur made him look a bit bulky, but was so much better than solid plastic... all the rest of the 12" line has soft goods where appropriate so why not Chewie? I own two 12" figures... the vintage Chewie and the soft goods Chewie... in my opnion they are both better than the modern plastic ones.
    Skeeziks22

Quote Originally Posted by Amanamatt
    That fig is a great example that I do not collect Hasbro's 12"ers. Good head on crap body.
    My thoughts exactly...

chewie looks suprised........i'll pass, it sucks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OTC_Chewie.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	8634  

I have 2 extra 12" Furry Chewies (Action Collection - Chewie in Chains) that I could help someone out with if they want that one.

I was sort of saving them in case they made a 12" Bespin Leia and re-did Bespin Han (I have an extra Lando - his figure wasn't THAT bad).

Anyway, the other furry Chewie I could save for E3, but??? If I can help someone, PM me.

In any case, I kind of like this new Chewie from the small picture I saw. His head sculpt's better, as is his articulation and body proportions.

However, use a version like the VINTAGE KENNER 12", and put a nylon over it (with more articulation in the plastic underneathe of course) and then sew fur into the nylon so it's form-fitting. Now does that sound costly to make? Issue one of those $100 books with the Ultimate Edition Chewbacca, and many of us will pay if it's worth it. We've seen 3 failed attempts in the modern era (though the furry ones aren't half-bad compared to what's happening on the plastic side).

So what's it going to be?

I WANT A GREAT CHEWIE!

I agree with Tycho.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeziks22
    The first 12" Chewie with the furry body was hard to come by and in my opinion the best of the bunch. Granted, the fur made him look a bit bulky, but was so much better than solid plastic... all the rest of the 12" line has soft goods where appropriate so why not Chewie? I own two 12" figures... the vintage Chewie and the soft goods Chewie... in my opnion they are both better than the modern plastic ones.
    You seem to be forgetting about the 2nd POTF2-era 12" Chewie, who was also furry but had a removable chain around his neck. That one was much easier to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    However, use a version like the VINTAGE KENNER 12", and put a nylon over it (with more articulation in the plastic underneathe of course) and then sew fur into the nylon so it's form-fitting. Now does that sound costly to make? Issue one of those $100 books with the Ultimate Edition Chewbacca, and many of us will pay if it's worth it.
    The vintage figure is a cross between a frightened Ken doll & a friggin' robot: http://systems.figures.com/database/...=5&sitemid=649 You stick a skin over it with rooted hair and it's gonna cost a LOT more to produce, especially if you want any facial features to show through. Every single one of those stupid overpriced book-n-figs went on clearance, why would either Hasbro or the book publisher want to do yet another one that they'll end up taking a massive loss on?

Honestly, I do not understand this desire for hairy action figures, that's not an action figure, it's a plush toy! How can anybody look at this POTF2-era 12" Chewie and not find it ridiculous-looking? http://systems.figures.com/database/...=5&sitemid=716
    It looks SILLY! It looks like a Chow-Chow dog, not a wookiee. I certainly wouldn't want more of that.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.