Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: New pic of Chewbacca 12" in new Insider

Actually if the head was better and the fur was tamed down a bit that furry Chewie wouldn't look that bad.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Just my opinion but I think that the 12" figures would sell better if Hasbro made them look like they put more than 5 seconds of planning into them.
    I myself, pick & choose wich ones I buy, mostly based on how they look. And frankly, a lot of them have been crap, heads too big here, lack of articulation there, can't hold it's own weapon on another. Hasbro doesn't have any buisness griping about lack of sales for their 12" line until they start putting out some decent product. We tell them what we want they just won't listen! And it's not hard stuff we're asking, it just takes common sense! Did they even look at the color of the new Boba Fett 12"?!!!!! Why did they think for a second that that color would be "just fine" with the collectors?!!! Did they ever try to fit a bowcaster in a 12" Chewie's hand?!!! They couldn't have because you can't!!! And that goes for the plastic "Endor" model, not the furry ones, those were a joke! They should have been embarrased to put that crud out with their company logo on it!
    And by the way, those "Masterpiece" book sets were way over priced to begin with! If they had started them at a more reasonable price point, maybe more retailers would have picked them up. And, maybe more would have sold.
    I never did buy the Anakin one (missed the clearance sale) and I didn't buy the other two until they were clearanced.
    Anyway, that's just how I see it.

The Masterpiece books were marketed by... um... (*gets up and looks at Anakin book*) Chronicle Books, who if I'm not mistaken put out the fantastically-awesome but also extremely expensive SW Chronicles. So I'm NOT surprised that they were overpriced, not by a longshot (especially when you consider that they weren't marketed as toys or even in toystores, so they had a smaller run).

EP, you forgot to mention that Collectors Series Chewie would also have to gain like 3 inches in height, add that to your list and you have an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT FIGURE! Which still would be a stuffed animal IMO.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah... the furry one is a bit and the vintage one is a bit . I can't understand why they are having such design issues with the modren 12" figures, though. It just astounds me that they cannot seem to get ANY of the heads or proportions correct!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Maybe they could do a great 12" sculpt, perforate the body and stuff the insides with seeds, and then you grow his "fur" like a Chia Pet?

I'll take two Chia-bacca's over the OTC 12" luke. Have you seen that thing?
    "It's a wig."
    Banana convention drummer Fletch Bohanski,2003.

The head/face looks great. The rest of the body, well....

I think if the ball joint at the shoulder wasn't as obvious, it would be better looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious
    I'll take two Chia-bacca's over the OTC 12" luke. Have you seen that thing?
    Oh! That thing is DIRE!!! What's going on with that sad lipstick he's wearing. That ridiculous smile makes the headsculpt total cack!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Seeing Steve's pictures of 12" Luke the other day are really disturbing, this figure looks terrible up close. He's a freaky smiling weirdo, like a Ken doll and Michael Jackson had a baby or something.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I think that Chewie looks good.