Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Star Wars MICRO-MACHINES Return in 2005

I can hardly believe it. If its true. Rebelscum has a report that in 2005 STAR WARS MICRO NACHINES WILL RETURN. There is no farther info right now. My guess is that April 2, 2005 we will see them. That is the release date for all Episode 3 merchandise.

JT, can you ask one of your contacts at Hasbro to see if there is any truth to this?
    Last edited by Jangu Fett; 07-20-2004 at 07:41 PM.
    "I'm a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

LET'S GO PENS!!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!

Re: Star Wars MICRO-MACHINES Return in 2005

*sigh* For how long...

If they rehash sculpts again, I don't see it sticking around for very long... Hopefully they would also use better packaging than the micros that are out now. They look like drug store ripoffs.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I trying not to think about that. We can only hope that if its true that Hasbro will release ships from all the films. You can almost count on some rehashed sculps. It would save Hasbro money if they used the old molds. I hope they use a sturdier plastic for some of the ships, like the TIE Fighter, Interceptor, X-Wing and Star Destroyer. I can't stand that every one I have is warped.

I hope the new Micros will be packaged with mini figures, similar to the Predator, Aliens and T2 micro lines. Although I doubt that will happen, with them also releasing that miniature game.

Let's see what they say about it at SDCC first, which starts tomorrow.

It's probably true, next year is a movie year and the last best chance for the cashgrab, but I wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro didn't go this way too.

BTW, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I think shipping the vehicles with mini-figures is an AWFUL idea and I really think that was one of Galoob's poorest decisions with Ep 1's MMs (it came right before Hasbro bought the company).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Your probably right, JT. And like I said with the new mini game set for release I doubt there will be mini figures included. I hope there is some news at SDCC about the MM. I read somewhere that there will be a wider range marketing plan, being this is the last movie, nothing like EP1 but larger then EP2, and as JT said Hasbros last best chance for cash. I would not be surprised to see other lines resurface. Like the Action Fleet, or model kits. We'll see.

Model Kits are still licensed to AMT/Ertl, I think, so I am HOPING that they spit out more die cast models in "just-above Action Fleet" scale like the Ep 1 models were.

I forgot about the minifigs with the RPG or whatever that is. When Hasbro said they were working on getting more vehicles out for the kids (in my "AF is dead again?" interview), I sorta expected they meant they were gonna make vehicles for this line, but when I went back and re-read what their words were, I now suspect they meant just more 4" figure vehicles through Target & TRU.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I was thinking, if it is true...hopefully we'll see something along the lines of:

E2 Pack 1:
    Jedi Starfighter
    Republic Gunship
    Republic Transport

E2 Pack 2:
    Large Spider Droid
    Geonosian Fighter
    ATT

E2 Pack 3:
    Carrier Gunship
    Hailfire Droid
    AT-TE

E2 Pack 4:
    Dooku vs. Yoda figures
    Dooku's Solar Sailor
    Attachable Solar sail

E2 Pack 5:
    Dooku's Swoop
    Little Spider Droid
    Trade Federation Sphere

E2 Pack 6:
    Coruscant Hotrod
    Zam's Speeder
    Misc. Coruscant speeder

E2 Pack 7:
    Refugee Ship
    Royal Starship
    Slave 1

E2 Pack 8:
    "Battle Damaged" Republic Gunship
    "Battle Damaged" Geonosian Fighter
    Republic Mobile Tank (I forgot what those things were called that shot down the spheres)

E2 Pack 9:
    "Battle Damaged" Zam Speeder
    "Battle Damaged" AT-TE
    "Battle Damaged" Sphere

E1 Pack 1:
    Republic Cruiser
    Royal Starship
    MTT

E1 Pack 2:
    Lott Dod's shuttle
    Naboo Gian Speeder
    "Battle Damaged" Naboo Fighter

E1 Pack 3:
    Droid Fighter
    Naboo Fighter
    Droid Landing Craft

Figure Pack 1:
    6 Red Battle Droids
    3 Super Battle Droids

Figure Pack 2:
    9 Jedi

Figure Pack 3:
    6 Geonosians
    3 Destroyer Droids

Figure Pack 4:
    Dooku, Yoda, Mace, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Jango, Padme, C-3PO, R2

Figure Pack 5:
    9 Clone Troopers

Figure Pack 6:
    9 Tusken Raiders

Figure Pack 7:
    3 Clone Troopers
    3 Jedi (from Clone Wars)
    2 Blue ARC Troopers
    1 Red ARC Trooper

(Not likely from here on but eh..)

Game Pack 1 (Jedi Knight):
    Moldy Crow
    Raven's Claw
    Transport Ship

Game Pack 2 (Jedi Knight):
    Kyle Katarn, Jan Ors and the 7 Dark Jedi

Game Pack 3 (Battle for Naboo):
    Naboo "Police" Fighter
    Naboo Bomber
    Naboo Officer STAP

Game Pack 4 (Starfighter):
    Droid Bomber
    Droid Scorpian Fighter
    Droid Mobile Turret

Game Pack 5 (Starfighter):
    Reti's Ship
    The girl's tri-winged ship (forgot her name)
    Nym's Ship

Game Pack 6 (TIE Fighter):
    TIE Advanced
    Missile Gunboat
    "Battle Damaged" X-wing

Game Pack 7 (TIE Fighter):
    TIE Defender
    "Battle Damaged" TIE Advanced
    Split-Apart A-Wing
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

What about Anakin's Modified Jedi Starfighter, Assajj Ventross' SIth Ship and Durge on a Speeder Bike? Or how about Jaster's Legacy, Hell's Anvil and Outland Station. From Star Wars-Bounty Hunter? Wishful thinking but you never know. Right now I really want a MM of the NEW Jedi Starfighter from Ep3.

And I don't know if this is Hasbro last chance for a cashgrab. With a live action Star Wars TV series set for 2006, this may not be the end of the line.

I am glad to hear the news but a little skeptical about the future of the line, or how Hasbro might be counted on again to screw up the line through some major flaw.

Episode I Micro Machines were indeed a joke. With the onslaught of overproduced (and mostly crappy ) Episode 1 Merchandise, MMs popularity plummeted. Prior to the movie, a 3 pack of MMs was decently priced between $4.99 to $5.99. During Episode 1, we saw one less vehicle and the insertion of two crappy figures, and the lowest price I recalled seeing at the beginning of the release, was $6.74 at Sprawl-Mart. I for one, with all the competing Episode 1 products, bought MMs very sparingly, and didn't even get 1/2 the line, when they line disappeared.

Bottom line, Hasbro has to change it's formula, either adding the third ship, or cut the price of what they had charged. That will help ensure the success of MMs, cuz we know there is a market for them out there.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

$4.99? Man I used to pay about $3.96 at Wal-Mart. I know they really priced things up when Episode 1 came out, I think it was 5.99-6.99 a figure? Hard times.

I thought Hasbro had taken over Galoob by the time of TPM? I seriously doubt Hasbro didn't influence them in some way even if they hadn't taken completely over. I'm sure if Galoob had had zero Hasbro influence that they would've been more successful than any other company (besides LFL) during the TPM "massacre."

Btw Jangu, thanks. I forgot about those ships completely.