Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exorcist: The Beginning

The new full trailer for Exorcist: The Beginning is up exclusively over at Latino Review. The film hits theaters August 20th and stars Stellan Skargard, Isabella Scorupco, Ralph Brown, and is directed by Renny Harlin.

Check it out:

http://www.latinoreview.com/ExorcistTrailer/index.html
    Last edited by Hellboy; 07-20-2004 at 08:10 PM.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Re: Exorcist: The Beginning

it looks okay....almost looks like "The Mummy", but with the devil and such instead of a mummy.

I thought this was just a remake of the original, it will be interesting to see the story line.

I'll see it because I love the original and enjoy the 3rd but I won't expect much.
    Renny Harlin directing an Exorcist movie ? Bah !

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    Renny Harlin directing an Exorcist movie ? Bah !
    My thoughts exactly. but then again, John Boorman is a great director and look what he did with Exorcist II!
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

It looks intersesting, kind of has that Indiana Jones meets a horror flick feel to it.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by JON9000
    My thoughts exactly. but then again, John Boorman is a great director and look what he did with Exorcist II!
    That's true but I blame Ex2 on the greed of WB to cash in on the original.

William Peter Blatty wasn't the same level of director as Boorman yet Ex3 is obviously so much better than 2 . . . clearly Blatty had better material to work with because, well, he wrote it.

Has anyone read the book on which this is based? The story is about Father Karas's early days. It doesn't have much of a narrative and is more about his philosophies and such. I'm actually surprised they derived a plot out of that at all!! I really don't have much of a good feeling about this film.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Well I'm not the biggest Exorcist fan out there but I did enjoy the first film. I tried to watch the second years ago and got about half way through before I gave up on that mess of a movie. I've never seen the 3rd but I might give it a chance someday. As far as this new one goes I'm not sure if it'll be good or not. I'm not by any means a Renny Harlin fan and can't really see him directing a good horror film but we'll see.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Seems there is more trouble with this film. This was reported over at Bloody-Disgusting.com
    http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/ind...plate=newsfull

Warner Brothers and Morgan Creek just can't seem to get the demons off their new horror film Exorcist: The Beginning. Everything just keeps going wrong, even after re-shooting the entire movie with Renny Harlin, they still have more challenges to face, such as the dreaded MPAA, who has just slapped the film with a NC-17 rating.
    Apparently the MPAA's decision is being appealed by the studios but the film might have to be cut to receive an R rating since its so close to the release date. If that happens its been reported "fans can look forward to seeing these deleted scenes on the DVD".

Hellboy, give E3 a chance !

Well, I saw this 4th film last night . . . awesome ! Not the best in the series of course but I think I might like it more than the 3rd movie. Stellan as Father Merrin was PERFECT and I think he made the movie for me.

Wow, I can't believe how much I got into it. Don't get me wrong, it's not a great movie by any means but I thought it could be downright awful but I REALLY enjoyed it ! I don't know if anything got cut but the gore was rather bountiful, at least more than I expected !

I didn't like the young priest but overall I thought the cast was pretty good. And don't forget Ric Olie as that one sergeant !

the CG was a bit shaky at time but overall I didn't mind it.

Ooooooh, nice setup of the Pazuzu statue, it totally took me back to the original film.
    Last edited by 2-1B; 08-22-2004 at 03:17 PM.