Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Silver Sandtrooper

Just wanted to let everyone know that the new silver sandtrooper will be available to hyperspace members through starwarsshop.com starting on Monday July 26th. This was reported in the new Star Wars insider that I recieved a couple of days ago. It says quantities will be limited. I do not remember seeing a price, but I would assume it will cost $10 plus shipping. Hope everyone that wants one gets one.

Re: Silver Sandtrooper

Has anyone else had difficulty ordering this figure from the website? I am a hyperspace member and I've followed all on-screen instructions, but for some reason the "add to cart" button never appears. The site says the figure is still in stock, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've called the Fan Club toll-free number, but they tell me they have no control over the website. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by manji
    I've called the Fan Club toll-free number, but they tell me they have no control over the website. Any suggestions?
    Typical

that COMPLETELY justifies my previous decision of NOT joining that piece of junk fanclub.
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Quote Originally Posted by manji
    Has anyone else had difficulty ordering this figure from the website? I am a hyperspace member and I've followed all on-screen instructions, but for some reason the "add to cart" button never appears. The site says the figure is still in stock, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've called the Fan Club toll-free number, but they tell me they have no control over the website. Any suggestions?
    I noticed that too but since I'm not a Hyperspace member I figured that was the reason for the Sandtrooper not having it's own "add to cart" button on my screen. If they do have them "In Stock" as it says you'd think you could order by phone.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Yea a little miffed about how its only available to hyperspace memebers. I got shafted on that deal when Lucas picked it back up from Pizza Publishing...about 2 months after I renewed I got that new renewal note about how if I pay and renew again I get hyperspace perks. I wasn't about to cut another check.

I'm not overly worried though. It's like all the other exclusives they pump out. They always pull this "Limited" crap. Look at 2 packs they had, AT-AT Driver, Leia Hoth, Pote, Death Star Droid, Holiday Yoda, the silver Fett, Wurhr, etc. Everyone hurried to order due to the "Limited" tag but then they hit clearance on the website and some of the carded figs wound up at TRU...or so reports came in they hit TRU.

But I'm not overly worried about quanties and getting one, especially if its limited to 3 per customer...they gotta have a ton of them. I'm doubting the "Limited" bit. Marketing ploy.

The fan club has been a joke for years now. All of my past experiences with them have been terrible.

So far, I haven't heard anything to convince me that they've changed their ways. Now it just seems you have to pay them for spoilers and bad service . Lucky for me a fellow SSG member scored me a silver sandtrooper from the con.

I really hope the OTC exclusive doesn't command too much of a markup on the aftermarket.

I had no problems ordering mine... MY problem, as is the problem with everyone else who ordered it, is that the cards arrived crushed. Apparently, they are just shoving them in the boxes with reckless abandon. Jedi Drew is getting the better of the two... since he's pickier about such things.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

My package was also messed way the hell up. There is a huge crease on the left side, and normally I don't care, but these silver figures are the only ones I keep on the cards. It was wrapped so deeply in bubble wrap that there was no way it could have stayed mint. What a joke!

Anyway, it also came with a cool "The First Ten Years" pin and a Yoda Heritage card. Why are they sending these? They are cool, but odd.

I got a pin that looked like Count Dooku...
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Is it me remembering wrong, or did the same thing happen with the silver clone from Amazon? Maybe it is Hasbro muffing the merch up and not them.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten