Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Still no love for R5D4 in the OTC line?

I was hoping with this line coming, maybe I could see a decent R5D4, but it looks like it still ain't happening. Anybody got the dirt on what R5 did to tick off Hasbro so badly?

Re: Still no love for R5D4 in the OTC line?

Don't get me started on this.

It just irks me so. . .

Of all the OT characters that need to be remade R5-D4 needs remodeling more than any other character. I would love to see him and a new Death Star Trooper, along with the Cloud Car too....as of right now though thats all just wishful thinking
    Go ahead and reply, I probably wont read this for another week or so, much less even care what you've got to say to begin with. So I'd advise you to not waste your time, but if you want to, then go ahead :rolleyes:

Great people to trade with:
    ANEEL, Sith_Killer_99, and DEFINITELY Val Da Car!

Hasbro doesn't like us...maybe they're trying to get people to stop buying the SW stuff by reissuing old figures and making crappy new ones, so they could discontinue the line. (but I do love a lot of the new figures! Only a few of them are crappy )
    But seriously, I would love a new R5-D4. But knowing Re-Hashbro, they'll just rerelease the rocket firing dissaster of 1996
    "Chad Vader to aisle 5 for vomit cleanup. Chad to aisle 5 for vomit cleanup."

R5-D4 needs a new sculpt. Hasbro isnt showing much love towards him lately. Heck, I would take a new sculpt of him and pack in the Power Droid as well.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I do not why Hasbro does not remake this droid for the VOTC line. I loved that old vintage R5-D4 card. Bring it back! Let us do a Fan's Choice figure for the vintage line. That POTF R5-D4 back in 96 looks bads. We need another one made. Please Hasbro!

I agree R5 should be remade. But they've probably gotten into a dispute with the Executor of R5's estate over the likeness. Or they think the figure is too sexy for a children's line. Or they're afraid he'd just pegwarm. After all, who wants a droid that has a bad motivator? No, no, children, you need another R2-D2. Look, this one is different. You can't tell how? Well, trust us, it is. What if we put it in different packaging and doubled the price? There, we knew you'd buy it. Now take your medication and KEEP BUYING.

Yeah... R5-D4 needs a new sculpt stat. It's a shame they keep passing this one by. Just base it off of one of the previous (good) astromech bodies and chuck on a new head. What's the big deal?
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

yeah my favorite droid of all and I still have that missle firing crap on my shelf . Come on HASBRO is this too much to ask of you to give us a good R5 I mean sheeessshhh

In theory, making a new R5-D4 would benefit Hasbro immensily in the long run. Why you ask? Because, all R2/R3/R4/R5 droids have the same bodies, they're just colored differently. And well, as we all know, its much cheaper for Hasbro (and any company really) to use existing product, repaint it, and rehash it to the public. Therefore, lets just think about it. If Hasbro were to make a new mold for R5-D4 (or perhaps just use the Star Tours R5-D2 droid mold thats already sitting on the shelf...ever think of that Hasbro????), just think of all the other R5 droids we could get later on!!!!

- R5-D4 (we all want him)
    - Red Leaders R5 droid (I/most of us NEED this droid. I've got/many other people have Red Leaders X-Wing with a hole in the back of it)
    - and any other R5 droid from any of the Star Wars movies

So all Hasbro needs to do is either use the R5-D2 mold or make a new R5 droid mold and they could use it over and over for different droids, just repaint them. Its a win win situation.
    Go ahead and reply, I probably wont read this for another week or so, much less even care what you've got to say to begin with. So I'd advise you to not waste your time, but if you want to, then go ahead :rolleyes:

Great people to trade with:
    ANEEL, Sith_Killer_99, and DEFINITELY Val Da Car!