Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

VOTC C-3PO Spotlight... 5 points of articulation?!?

What the hell is worth $10 here? The improved sculpt and paint? Hell with that, we should be getting that with our $5 figures. The dippy repro packaging? I couldn't care less. So what is the point of making a super-special C-3PO that costs double the normal C-3PO figs when it has only neck, shoulder, and hip articulation?!? No knee, elbow, or wrist articulation, no mention of removable limbs, no light-up eyes, not even a cheesy waist articulation like EVERY other Star Wars figure has - what a load...

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/pa...dn/default.cfm

This is madness!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Re: VOTC C-3PO Spotlight... 5 points of articulation?!?

I agree, I am glad I willbe getting only one of these, now that Hasbro changed the asst's.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    What the hell is worth $10 here? The dippy repro packaging?
    Dippy? Didn't you read the features list.

Single silver bar around the character image but double silver bars around the movie title
    Removal of the Luke & Leia image first seen on the A New Hope packaging
    Removal of the price box
    Blue accent color behind C-3PO figure
    Coffin-style blister
    Butterfly peg hook, die-cut but not punched out!
    And the Kenner logo

That's less than a dollar per feature.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Dindae, that was a good one! I don't know why Hasbro thinks we're all going to go ape over how they're reproducing these cards, they're certainly NOT the first in the SW collecting world to do so.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hasbro is driving me crazy this past week. First, I get my VOTC Ben, and realize it is horrible.
    Then this C-3PO...WHY DIDN'T THEY MAKE THE PULL-APART ONE?!?! Everyone would like that better. We've had one in the POTF2 line for FIVE BUCKS. Why the hell should I pay twice as much for a figure that is half the quality?!
    Then the Comic-Con pictures I've seen...The Cantina Set #2 posted on the official site has a different Ben and Ponda than the one at Comic-Con.
    THEN the ROTJ figures...Boba Fett and Chewie don't look very good. On the cardback, the font used for the title doesn't look the same as the originals (letters look to skinny and not bold)...and the R2-D2--they changed the cardback to say "R2-D2 with extension arm," and in the picture "Now with extention arm" where the original said "now with sensor scope" I know it's not a big deal, but I like things to be as true to the original as possible.
    THEN those Council scenes 3-4---why put Adi Gallia in two sets?! I know one is supposed to be Stass Allie (who wasn't on the council) but why use the sculpt?! And Eeth Koth--he doesn't have the articulation to sit in a chair (like Depa Billaba) and he's the same action posed one from POTJ! And Shaak Ti looks horrible in her half action/half sitting pose!
    "Chad Vader to aisle 5 for vomit cleanup. Chad to aisle 5 for vomit cleanup."

Quote Originally Posted by vadersvette
    And Eeth Koth--he doesn't have the articulation to sit in a chair (like Depa Billaba) and he's the same action posed one from POTJ!
    That's not Eeth Koth. That's Agen Kolar. Can't you tell? So sad.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Well... I think this is the best Threepio to date, sculpt-wise. I really don't know how they would be able to do much in the way of articulation other than knees and waist. Thoes two points would have been nice. The costume didn't really allow for much more articulation so... I can't really fault them for too much on this one if they considered that point.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartnr
    Well... I think this is the best Threepio to date, sculpt-wise. I really don't know how they would be able to do much in the way of articulation other than knees and waist. Thoes two points would have been nice. The costume didn't really allow for much more articulation so... I can't really fault them for too much on this one if they considered that point.

They could of given him elbow and wrist articulation knee also. Plenty of scenes where he moves his arms and wrists and knees
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

True, but given the fact that they need to cast the vac-metalised figures in a more brittle plastic, that probably would have compromised the overall sturdiness and durability of the figure.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Agreed, but then why put 3PO out in a SA line when he is basically nuetral? and R2 the same question. They could of put a couple of different figures besides these two.